Tire Deflators - What Do You Use and Why?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
This is what I have and it's pretty darn capable at recording accurate pressures and tire compounds. If I was racing for serious money then that fancy Longacre would prove useful. As it is my Longacre Shore A Durometer has paid for itself when buying motorcycle tires. And my QuickCar air pressure gauges are of consistent accuracy when tested against my air compressor gage.
Yep well if it works ya can't knock it, That 3 1/2" Longacre Magnum I have only goes from 0 to 15psi but it does it in 1/4psi incramants and it is accurate to less than a 1/4psi their gauges are amazing I love em but I use mine just to check other gauges will because I'd hate to have them lost or stolen, Them and my Twin Portable ARB compressor and my 78L fridge are are my pride and joy, :love: :love: :love:

OllieChristopher

What I like most about this forum is the diversity of products we have and enjoy. 78L fridge!! ? man!! LOL. Of course if you have a slider.....

67cj5

Man On a Mission
This is what I have and it's pretty darn capable at recording accurate pressures and tire compounds. If I was racing for serious money then that fancy Longacre would prove useful. As it is my Longacre Shore A Durometer has paid for itself when buying motorcycle tires. And my QuickCar air pressure gauges are of consistent accuracy when tested against my air compressor gage.

View attachment 667359
Lovely Gauges, I want a Durometer like that, I was checking them out on line but there are expensive here,,, They Charge like a wounded Bull for them :mad:????

67cj5

Man On a Mission
What I like most about this forum is the diversity of products we have and enjoy. 78L fridge!! ? man!! LOL. Of course if you have a slider.....
Nup, No slider, It's a case of grab hold and go for it, and then spend the next half hour getting over it. It's like carrying a 130Ah AGM around, I think i need a Garden Truck to move it with when it's loaded, My Head thinks I'm still in my 20's My body protests and always wants the last word about that ?????

Charles R

Adventurer
I never used the temp compensating feature of my gauge, as that's very much an Oval track thing. We often ran a spec tire, so our durometer was used more to establish tire cycling life. But the temp and pressure recording feature was a godsend!

At the time, they had these same features available, in different separate tools. With this single gauge, two quick loops around the car, and I could set the gauge aside and do other things necessary at the time. I could then come back and write that info into our session logs when everything calmed down. These came on the market, and had such a great form factor, that a lot of people converted.

All that said, I'm still a big fan of the analog gauges, OllieChristopher! Yours are great!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Well the Cheap Gauge and deflators turned up thanks to Amazon and I'm impressed,

The Gauge is within 0.1 Psi of my ARB Low Pressure Gauge and the ARB Digital Inflator Gauge and they are both spot on with my 2 Longacre gauges So thats a Win, I haven't tried the set of 4 screw on deflators that came with it all packaged in a Zip up Camo Case, But the deflators look pretty good, and they also came with a set of Valves and a valve tool so for $28.18c thats pretty Awesome, (y) :love:

New Gauge Set.jpg

Last edited:

WSS

Rock Stacker
Mine is more of a system than usual but it works. I had to drill and tap the rim for the larger valve stem. I use the original valve stem for reading pressure,

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I have been using the Jantz J-flater on my #LX45 project for the last year.

Overall, one of the best small mods I have made in a long time. They stay on the stem full time and you don't need any tools to RAPIDLY air down all four tires. I can walk around the vehicle opening each one every 15 seconds and then closing the first one and so on. It takes only 2 minutes to air down all 40" tires from 28psi to 8psi done right. It is very easy to make adjustments also and you can check right through the device without removing anything. My air chuck also clips right on. I do run the vinyl caps to keep the grid out of the air-up hole.

You can remove the device and install a regular valve core if you have any issues. I keep some with my a small core tool in the tire repair kit.

I came up with a little hack using a power drill and a small socket to hold the scotchbrite pad you use to polish the surface where the device seals.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Just to update this thread, I think I found the definitive answer. Apex Design "Rapid Precision Valves"
STD-4_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Quick Video: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgA2152J8R2/

Reactions: WSS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne