Quality JLU bumpers and lifts

moose545

Looking around at options and aside from what I know from my previous vehicle (GX460), I'm at a loss for know any new brands for bumpers and lifts. Bumper-wise, I really like the full looks such as the Warn and ARBs. Lift-wise, I'm seeing the usual, plus a lot of TerraFlex. What are some other quality vendors that are making good gear for these? It'll be a few months until I have my own Jeep in my hands, but I'm trying to game plan here!

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
EVO manufacturing makes some of the best thought through suspension systems for Jeeps. Metal Cloak and TerraFlex are also good. For bumpers if you are looking for full width The Warn ARB and AEV (American Expedition Vehicles) are some of the better options. The Factory Metal bumpers are also quite nice.

billiebob

AEV makes stamped winch bumpers as opposed to the cut and welded so common.... and they are often lighter and stronger.

Zeep

Adventurer
Consider aluminum bumpers and armor. Especially if you live in the rust belt. Neighbor around the corner has a Warn bumper, and it is very rusted!

moose545

Consider aluminum bumpers and armor. Especially if you live in the rust belt. Neighbor around the corner has a Warn bumper, and it is very rusted!

Suggestions? Trail Ready makes a nice product but nothing for the new stuff yet. Next Venture is all I can find that makes anything aluminum

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I like the oem stamped steel bumpers myself, but if I had to buy an aftermarket it would be a Warn or AEV bumper. I've owned a couple AEV rear bumpers for JK Wranglers and they've been great. Be careful to stay away from the heavier bumpers. I had an ARB bull bar on my first JKU and it was like driving around with an anchor up front! As for suspension, ARB makes good quality components (springs and shocks) for suspension as well, but for my JK I found that doing the a la cart method worked the best. I used components from several manufacturers like OME, Tera Flex, Rancho, Hellwig, Synergy and even some pro comp brake line brackets for my last suspension setup. These companies each had a few components that I felt were head and shoulders above the competition. I wouldn't limit myself to one "lift kit" but educate myself on what is out there and what components work the best together and assemble the suspension. I like to match my shocks and springs from one company but bump stops, brackets, links, track bar brackets can be pieced together to build what you want. Your goal should be to end up fitting the tire you want and have the Jeep handling better than stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles