Best Platform

eyemgh

So what did you order? The bed sounds interesting.

I ordered a F350 Super Cab, 6.75 bed, 7.3/4.30 XLT Premium, with FX4, Camper Package, Winch, Dual Batteries, Block Heater, Carpet Delete and Upfitter Switches.

Hallmark K2 with various custom tweaks.

Bowen Customs slide in camper bed replacement. I hesitate to call it a flatbed, because it isn’t. Apparently after I discussed the low bed height, multiple other people did too, resulting in the new design. He’s doing his first one for a big overland builder in the SW for a taco with a AT wedge camper.

The camper is 8’ and the stock bed is 6.75’. In that scenario, there’s usually a overhang in the back with a hang down section of the camper. The Bowen bed will go full length (or at least look full length). That way we were able to run a large camper with the 144” WB, but without the goofy overhang and without any COG issues. It will be very intentional looking.

eyemgh

Check out the Bowen Customs Instagram page. He has pictures of the Tactical Application Vehicles (TAV) build up now. It's a standard bed height. Obviously, the one he's building for us will be bigger. The first full sizer built for a slide in will be for the Mortells' Scout. We're still waiting on out camper, so we won't see ours until the summer some time.

Last edited:

eyemgh

Bowen.JPG

Here's the first to roll out of the Bowen shop. At first glance, it looks like all the rest, but the floor of the camper sits at standard bed height.

eyemgh

It has a tailgate?

That particular build is for a topper without a traditional back door. If I'm not mistaken, it's an AT habitat.

The ones built for slide ins won't have a tailgate. The upper boxes will be bigger too. Mine will have doors on the back of the upper boxes for sliding skis in and out.

ajn507

The camper is 8’ and the stock bed is 6.75’. In that scenario, there’s usually a overhang in the back with a hang down section of the camper. The Bowen bed will go full length (or at least look full length). That way we were able to run a large camper with the 144” WB, but without the goofy overhang and without any COG issues. It will be very intentional looking.

So is your Bowen bed going to be 8 ft long?

eyemgh

So is your Bowen bed going to be 8 ft long?

I'm not certain what the total length will be. By eliminating the thickness of the front of the bed and the tailgate, Brent can get what he needs done with 7 to 7.5 feet. He may need the camper to overhang a tad, no more than 6", to look right. I'm leaving it up to him and Matt at Hallmark. The whole idea is that it looks intentional without a big overhang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior