Outfitter Mfg. Custom Build Pics

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Been looking at the Juno because of the side entry. Glad to see some new design stuff with the new ownership. What's your lead time nowadays? Any chance you kick out a flatbed version? Also never really liked the look of the lift system. Seems cheap and jingly. Do you offer an electric lift?

Last edited:

bmarkham1967

Been looking at the Juno because of the side entry. Glad to see some new design stuff with the new ownership. What's your lead time nowadays? Any chance you kick out a flatbed version? Also never really liked the look of the lift system. Seems cheap and jingly. Do you offer an electric lift?
@DirtWhiskey thanks for the feedback. Our lead time is moving target but we out about 9 months out for a Juno Build. I would need to double check our production schedule to confirm. Happy to hop on a call and chat about this if you are interested. We have been kicking around a flatbed option ... but as of now, we are focused on our current demand. Stay tuned! As for the lift system, yes we have a mechanical and electric lift options that are fabricated in-house. I'm not sure what mechanical system your are referencing, but since the new management has taken over ... both of our lift systems are rock solid. If you have an other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Cheers, Bill M: 801-822-9760

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
@DirtWhiskey thanks for the feedback. Our lead time is moving target but we out about 9 months out for a Juno Build. I would need to double check our production schedule to confirm. Happy to hop on a call and chat about this if you are interested. We have been kicking around a flatbed option ... but as of now, we are focused on our current demand. Stay tuned! As for the lift system, yes we have a mechanical and electric lift options that are fabricated in-house. I'm not sure what mechanical system your are referencing, but since the new management has taken over ... both of our lift systems are rock solid. If you have an other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Cheers, Bill M: 801-822-9760

Good to hear the new team is innovating. When I go to the Outfitter website it looks like the same lift systems of old? Any way quality units and most people I know that have your campers are happy campers. Can you share interior pix of this custom unit?

Porkchopexpress

The lift system is basically the same as Hallmark. Having seen them in person, they seem fairly simple and robust but maybe look less elegant in the up position than some.

Last edited:

Porkchopexpress

This is my first RV but so far the Apex 8 has met or exceeded all my expectations in quality. I will say that I can feel the weight a little more than I expected as I am well below max gvwr but it will still rock or sway over bumps and around corners. I will probably upgrade the sway bars and while I was considering a leveling kit, I think any lift would make it even more top heavy. Also, I imagine a hard side camper with equivalent features, (wet bath, ect) would be worse.
My first trip was through the Rockies in the winter so I had a little anxiety about running out of propane in the middle of the night as the heater kicked on relatively frequently to maintain a warm interior. The propane lasted the whole trip, (2 weeks) but next time I will bring a smaller emergency supply for cold weather just for peace of mind. If not for the basement keeping the water supply warm, we might have had frozen pipes.

I highly recommend the Outfitter brand, but I think if I didn't need to accommodate my wife's needs for a wet bath, I might have gone for a lighter model. I did a lot of research before deciding what type of RV to get. Campers are all about making the best compromises for your needs and I would say Outfitter Apex meets all my needs with the least compromises.

ripperj

Explorer
Wow! That’s a sharp looking camper! Enjoy.
Extremely jealous of the garage part. I just spent hours cleaning mine so I can cover it in the back( which is twice as awesome as it sounds, because it’s in my wife’s line of site out the kitchen window and she can remind me all winter of how much she loves campers/ camping and road travel in general)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles