Let’s see some POWER WAGONS!

How are you liking the Ram Boxes? What color is that? I'm having a tough time telling if it's Olive Green or a Granite Crystal...

Olive Green. I really like the Ram Boxes. I would say the only downside is that if you want to use a topper then they are not going to be functional anymore. So if you plan on a build you want to have it all thought out so they will work. But they do hold a good amount of stuff.

jadmt

ignore button user
Decided to weigh mine again. Full tank gas filled up at station with scale. very little gear in truck ie less than 30lbs total. I was not in truck. So dethloff tranny skid, 75a sliders and toyo 35’s on aev wheels and toy 35 spare. While the rear has plenty of weight rating left the front really does not.

245FEDF7-3C6B-4B04-A27A-06A1C6FE0B33.jpeg

blackdmax15

Observer
I buy what Tex68w is selling. That’s why I started that thread a few months ago on HDrams about the weight as I was shocked. My 75A with 35s and ramboxes weighs as much as my 2018 cummins 3500 weighed.

jadmt

ignore button user
I buy what Tex68w is selling. That’s why I started that thread a few months ago on HDrams about the weight as I was shocked. My 75A with 35s and ramboxes weighs as much as my 2018 cummins 3500 weighed.
not saying it is not true just weird the cummins and tranny are considerably heavier than the 6.4 and 8sp and axles should be heavier I would think. winch can't add more than 130-150 lbs with associated hardware. they are pigs for sure.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
have you actually had it on a scale? seems odd if it really does. they are pigs tho. I should have never jumped in my neighbors new 7.3 gasser....Ram needs to update the 6.4 that is for certain.
not saying it is not true just weird the cummins and tranny are considerably heavier than the 6.4 and 8sp and axles should be heavier I would think. winch can't add more than 130-150 lbs with associated hardware. they are pigs for sure.

Yes, bone stock and full of fuel. Keep in mind it's a single cab long bed, but the smaller cab amounts for less than 500 lbs difference.

xfJ05Wz.jpg

blackdmax15

Observer
I was shocked as well. But mine was a tradesman CC/SB 3500. I think the iron block of the 6.7 is 700# heavier, but other items are similar. Add in the winch and heavier interior and it eats up that 700# quick. Love the PW but would like more payload. Almost sold it, but it drives so nice I’m just going to keep it and regear when the tires grow again this summer…

Mako1114

Adventurer
I got an extra set of 4" Rigid 360s through FordPass points and installed them on my Wagon using the SDHQ mounts. I'm going to wire them this weekend when the STL wireless remote arrives. There is about 1cm of clearance between the back of the light housing and windshield when the hood is open.

HTYIcZB.jpg

i5tc4XJ.jpg

Q7vLi7i.jpg

CwxYUQk.jpg

12CHLXL.jpg

Cheers

jadmt

ignore button user
ditched the plastic air dam and installed a CJC intercooler guard. Not a true skid plate but way better than the plastic air dam and looks better to my bloodshot eyes. does what I wanted and that is to keep the road slop off the winch line. just got back from a 600 mile road trip on sloppy roads and winch clean as can be.

20D627B0-F2CA-4E6E-97F7-8540CBD254A2.jpegBF7DBA64-CD60-4325-825F-1F55AC62039B.jpeg17452FB1-0F25-43C0-8375-97BF430DC2C4.jpeg

Mako1114

Adventurer
ditched the plastic air dam and installed a CJC intercooler guard. Not a true skid plate but way better than the plastic air dam and looks better to my bloodshot eyes. does what I wanted and that is to keep the road slop off the winch line. just got back from a 600 mile road trip on sloppy roads and winch clean as can be.

View attachment 705515View attachment 705516View attachment 705518
I like that. This is definitely now on my list of modest mods.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles