Semi urgent truck selection help needed

ramblinChet

Can someone school me on the preference for the vinyl flooring? I'd assume that it doesn't have any water drains, and if so it's not like you can spray it out. I'd imagine that the carpet helps with sound and you can easily add husky liners to get the same protection while also being able to take them out. What am I missing?

It's real simple...men that use their bare hands to do things like turn dirty wrenches, field dress game, etc. choose vinyl floors. The other 97% with the soft hands and softer bellies are the ones who go with the carpet.

And sound doesn't matter to the vinyl floor guys since we are deaf from shooting guns, hanging out in loud bars, drag races, etc.

IMG_0010.JPG

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
fff8606d7418f7eaf159f0b987c6604c.jpg

Real lever :). No leverostomy required :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ripperj

Explorer
Looking good! Those running boards are pretty much required on these new rigs....

I agree, I am going to put something better on at some point, but I got the dealer to install them at cost and no labor, so definitely worth $380. I have had the same ones on my old truck for 10 years with no issues.
My wife still needs a boost :)

Edit: the new truck sits 3-4” higher at the bed than the ‘12 2500, and it’s on 34” Toyos. (New truck is on 33s)

billiebob

It's real simple...men that use their bare hands to do things like turn dirty wrenches, field dress game, etc. choose vinyl floors. The other 97% with the soft hands and softer bellies are the ones who go with the carpet.

And sound doesn't matter to the vinyl floor guys since we are deaf from shooting guns, hanging out in loud bars, drag races, etc.

View attachment 691039
This is so well said. Perfect and on the money. You nailed it.
If yer asking why..... you'll never understand.

ripperj

Explorer
Speaking of vinyl floors.

I ordered the OEM rubber floor mats from my local dealer, while not as manly as the whole floor (I haven’t shot, been shot, or amputated anything lately, so they will do)-they fit like a glove and cover the carpet very well.

Definitely worth $170 for the fronts and rears.

My only complaint would be that the rear is two pieces that interlocks(nicely) together vice a single piece, and the front driver(ironically the most used one) does not cover high up past the pedals(I’m sure due to “stuck gas or brake pedal lawsuit BS” . The passenger one goes up high

I’ll get pics, they fit very well.

jadmt

ignore button user
Speaking of vinyl floors.

I ordered the OEM rubber floor mats from my local dealer, while not as manly as the whole floor (I haven’t shot, been shot, or amputated anything lately, so they will do)-they fit like a glove and cover the carpet very well.

Definitely worth $170 for the fronts and rears.

My only complaint would be that the rear is two pieces that interlocks(nicely) together vice a single piece, and the front driver(ironically the most used one) does not cover high up past the pedals(I’m sure due to “stuck gas or brake pedal lawsuit BS” . The passenger one goes up high

I’ll get pics, they fit very well.

Love my front oem rubber mats but not the two piece rear ones. the seam where they join together doesn’t allow the rear seat platform to lay right when you have the rear seat folded up.

RCP

Love my front oem rubber mats but not the two piece rear ones. the seam where they join together doesn’t allow the rear seat platform to lay right when you have the rear seat folded up.

My truck came with a large one piece rubber floor mat for the rear. It might be worth looking into for you, the rear floor sits flat when the seats are folded up, and it does a great job of keeping the carpet under it clean even with two dogs back there.

jadmt

ignore button user
My truck came with a large one piece rubber floor mat for the rear. It might be worth looking into for you, the rear floor sits flat when the seats are folded up, and it does a great job of keeping the carpet under it clean even with two dogs back there.
do you have photo of the floor mat? is it a RAM factory mat?

ripperj

Explorer

What truck is this? I’m about to order the stow and go?? Folding floor stuff(mines a Tradesman and didn’t come with them.
Is the factory option worth having? I have a wood and machine shop and could whip something up if needed, but factory would be nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online