Front Runner Wolf Packs

transalper

Explorer
The container is in this pic sitting on my cooler. It has a lid that is hinged on both sides and splits in the middle. I'd take a dedicated pic of it but it's in the shed out back and it's dark and scary out there! It doesn't scream uber overland though so I probably need to load it up with advertising stickers!
View attachment 691337
That looks like an Akro-mils bin (in case you want to find more). I use a few in my rig and they work great. But they do let in dust in the bed of my pickup. I have't tried the front runner bins yet, but they have been on my short list for a while.

pluton

Adventurer
dumped the actionpackers for these, and haven't looked back - much more space efficient. cannot say enough good things about the wolfpacks...except the plastic latches (which have not broken in 4 years of use) can be heard a mile away when closing.
FYI: The current Wolf Packs have 'new improved' latches. They look much less fiddly, but just as cheapo, as the original latches.

mdcoa

Another FYI (/ thread resurrection): we love our Wolf Packs and have a bunch, three fitted with high lids that we regularly use for camping. I just "upgraded" to the steel latches after the first plastic one died, and the steel ones are terrrible. They hang up on the lid and won't latch without pinching the sides together. And when you pinch the sides together you have about a 70% chance of them coming out entirely. Makes latching the lid fairly infuriating.

I just inquired, and Front Runner won't stand behind them if the 30 day clock on returns has run out (they generously offered to work me up a quote for plastic ones)--we didn't realize how intensely we dislike them until we did a multi-day trip with them.

This site has what looks like a good remedy that I'm going to try--seems like at $13/box plus shipping to upgrade, this level of performance shouldn't require a home-brewed solution. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/front-runner-wolf-pack-storage-steel-latch-mod.31292/

All that to say, "love these boxes--wish the plastic latches weren't weak and wish the steel latches weren't absolutely infuriating to use."

GBGCR4x4

I LOVE my Wolf Packs. I onw 3, two I keep in the trunk, another one with the cargo chocks over the Slimline II and it stays up there perfectly. So easy to open, move, stacj. You name it!

pluton

Adventurer
The nesting feature of the wolf packs is unique and unbeatable, but I'm slowly migrating to UK 821 cases, which are thin-walled compared to Pelican type cases, and have about the same volume and shape as wolf packs. Plus: Hinged lids, o-ring seal, less wasted space, conventional carrying handle. They have a nesting feature, but it is feeble compared to the wolf packs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles