Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Hey the wolf 1 do you mind taking some pictures of the under side of that bumper? I wanna see how it mounts up before I pull the trigger and order mine.
Hi jojackc, I will most definitely will take some/lots of picture of the under bottom so you can see how its attached to the actual frame. I will install it this coming Saturday morning as it will be powder coated by this Friday.

jojackc

Hi jojackc, I will most definitely will take some/lots of picture of the under bottom so you can see how its attached to the actual frame. I will install it this coming Saturday morning as it will be powder coated by this Friday.
Thank you so much sorry didn't realize you didn't have it mounted already.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Hi Guys,
I want to share my new awning brackets that I had weld by a local shop here in Corona, CA. I bought the ARB 8.2 X 8.2 awning with the led light built into it. The brackets needed to be bit bigger than the original brackets, you could use the original bracket but I would to weak not enough material around the original holes. Now this is because the ARB is a bit bigger/heavier. I will get it powder coated and will upload new pictures this coming Saturday. Thanks goes to Mr. Ebrabaek who made lots of modifications to his smitty when he had it and I'm just following the steps of all who came before me.

That looks great.
That thing will not break...... ever.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I was surprised that Smitty did not have a scout at SEMA this past week.
Looks like they have taken off on many other overland items. Great looking ones too.
Scout is still sold right??

I was surprised that Smitty did not have a scout at SEMA this past week.
Looks like they have taken off on many other overland items. Great looking ones too.
Scout is still sold right??
HI Ebrabaek, they are still been sold. The prices have gone up like everything else, I paid $7,606 + tax for mine but so far a like it a lot. The good thing is that I did not pay for shipping costs.

KeithWells

Hi Guys,
I want to share my new awning brackets that I had weld by a local shop here in Corona, CA. I bought the ARB 8.2 X 8.2 awning with the led light built into it. The brackets needed to be bit bigger than the original brackets, you could use the original bracket but I would to weak not enough material around the original holes. Now this is because the ARB is a bit bigger/heavier. I will get it powder coated and will upload new pictures this coming Saturday. Thanks goes to Mr. Ebrabaek who made lots of modifications to his smitty when he had it and I'm just following the steps of all who came before me.
The part that will break is the factory angled bracket. Have them weld a boxed gusset under that corner. The welds are all but ground away there.

KeithWells

How are you guys mounting a 270 Awning?? Are you still able to use tent window poles?? Thanks
I took a small block of aluminum and mounted it to the awning extrusion. I drilled a hole for the poles and shortened the poles to fit. It took a bit of cyphering though.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
HI Ebrabaek, they are still been sold. The prices have gone up like everything else, I paid $7,606 + tax for mine but so far a like it a lot. The good thing is that I did not pay for shipping costs.

That is great to hear.
I wonder why they didn't bring it to SEMA.
Perhaps they are still selling like hot cakes and they don't need to show it...... weird.

mmrocek

Observer
That is great to hear.
I wonder why they didn't bring it to SEMA.
Perhaps they are still selling like hot cakes and they don't need to show it...... weird.

They were neither at Overland Expo West this year nor at SEMA. Looked for them at both and no dice. Not sure why, especially considering other companies owned by Transamerican auto parts, like Poison Spyder, were at SEMA and this year SEMA had a dedicated Overland section... Pretty strange...

SBSYNCRO

They were at the off-road expo last month in Ontario, CA (usually held in Pomona). My buddy got a great deal on a scout + gen2 tent+ 270 awning. I’ve got a 23Zero tent and Rhino batwing and I am impressed with the Smitty stuff he got, especially since he paid less than half what I paid for my tent and awning. That awning has huge coverage and is free standing - easier to deploy than my Rhino, though the fabric on both the tent and awning feel a bit thinner than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBGCR4x4

Smittybilt has been upgrading quite a bit their products. The Gen 2 tents are quite good. I'm just wondering if they'll be able to keep these prices given the huge increase in shipping costs from containers coming from China.

Hi Guys, I hope not to bore you with all of this pictures coming right up...Part 1. This is still a working process. I need to paint some bolt's and washers black also the bolts holding the rear bumper inside the trailer need washers. I share this with you because when I found this thread and community it helped me out a lot to figure out what I wanted to do and how to do it.20211120_164511.jpg20211120_164605.jpg20211120_164617.jpg20211120_164629.jpg20211120_164511.jpg20211120_164605.jpg20211120_164617.jpg20211120_164629.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94