SRN’s 2017 Nissan Armada Build Thread

SRN

Adventurer
Have had a busy work/life schedule over the past few months but finally had some time yesterday to take the Armada out on a post lift shakedown cruise. Everything worked great, rode surprisingly well on the washboard roads. I really thought that after replacing the air shocks in the rear it would be a much rougher ride, but it was still quite supple. Had a couple spots where I got a wheel off the ground (no pictures, sorry) and the traction control is still working great. I was a bit worried that the added weight of 35's would affect that negatively, glad it didn't.

I do have a slight, intermittent click/pop coming from the left front. Couldn't see anything obvious but I need to do some diagnosis on that, but it hasn't affected the drivability at all.

51247051203_bbc58c084e_h.jpg

51247903705_64369d9157_h.jpg

51247903600_a37167971a_h.jpg

51247028763_2a23d7bd28_h.jpg

Still need to get my camber sorted. Hopefully the SuperPro eccentric bushings solve that, should be able to get those installed in the next week or so.

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
that looks great, the rear clearance is really impressive compared to the Tundra behind it. I'm really curious how the rear camber affects lateral bite in the rear, and how much dynamic change there is in the rear through the travel. I don't suppose you dry cycled it sans coil while you were doing the lift?

SRN

Adventurer
that looks great, the rear clearance is really impressive compared to the Tundra behind it.
Yes, the centerline clearance is very impressive!

I'm really curious how the rear camber affects lateral bite in the rear,
The rear camber has settled to about +1* after driving it a bit. Still not ideal, but to as bad as it was. There is enough tread on the ground that its not really affecting traction at all. Still, once I get those eccentric bushings in I think it'll all be in spec again. Fingers crossed next week!

and how much dynamic change there is in the rear through the travel. I don't suppose you dry cycled it sans coil while you were doing the lift?
I didn't dry cycle it, no. But if I remember when I pull everything apart to put the bushing in, that would be a good measurement.

Dmski

Adventurer
Holy rear camber batman! Kidding and I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon. The truck looks awesome though. This is exactly how i'd set mine up if I went this route. With 35's this thing looks perfect.

Reactions: SRN

SRN

Adventurer
…because I’m running into the same issue with my install this week BTW, where did you order the Superpro bush kit from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Life's been pretty hectic of late, so no joy on getting it into the shop to install the bushings. I did take some measurements, though. Contrary to what I was understanding from the Patrol guys, I actually think that the SPF4131K offset bushings go here:

51299118559_68638a30d6_b.jpg

Rather than the inside of the spring bucket. The inside bushing on the spring bucket is 35mm, the SuperPro bushings are 45mm, and the camber adjustment bushing on the rear LCA is ~45mm (as far as I can tell without taking it apart). So even though the SPF4131K are listed for the "toe arm" and the documentation that I've read lists the adjustment bolt on the spring bucket for toe adjustment, these bushings will not fit in that location.

I bought them from SparesBox in Australia. Took a couple weeks to get to the States.

SuperPro Rear Toe Control Arm Inner Bush Kit Double Offset Fits Nissan

lavapro4x

Life's been pretty hectic of late, so no joy on getting it into the shop to install the bushings. I did take some measurements, though. Contrary to what I was understanding from the Patrol guys, I actually think that the SPF4131K offset bushings go here:

51299118559_68638a30d6_b.jpg

Rather than the inside of the spring bucket. The inside bushing on the spring bucket is 35mm, the SuperPro bushings are 45mm, and the camber adjustment bushing on the rear LCA is ~45mm (as far as I can tell without taking it apart). So even though the SPF4131K are listed for the "toe arm" and the documentation that I've read lists the adjustment bolt on the spring bucket for toe adjustment, these bushings will not fit in that location.

I bought them from SparesBox in Australia. Took a couple weeks to get to the States.

SuperPro Rear Toe Control Arm Inner Bush Kit Double Offset Fits Nissan
I ran into the same issue… The SuperPros will not fit the Coil Spring Arm as the Diameter is different. The Patrol Arms are spec’d different from the US version. Thanks Only Two options exist:

#1 cut off end of the oem arm and weld on a new reinforced section and bung for the bushing to fit into
or
#2 buy (2) new arms from overseas and have them shipped over. I chose the latter, and they should be here in about 2weeks. I found a manufacturer that made them the same size as the US but the inner bushing area is sized to fit the SuperPro found in Patrols.

Attachments

• E2326ABB-2476-4F9F-BF39-64AB277385A5.jpeg
    E2326ABB-2476-4F9F-BF39-64AB277385A5.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 40

SRN

Adventurer
I ran into the same issue… The SuperPros will not fit the Coil Spring Arm as the Diameter is different. The Patrol Arms are spec’d different from the US version. Thanks Only Two options exist:

#1 cut off end of the oem arm and weld on a new reinforced section and bung for the bushing to fit into
or
#2 buy (2) new arms from overseas and have them shipped over. I chose the latter, and they should be here in about 2weeks. I found a manufacturer that made them the same size as the US but the inner bushing area is sized to fit the SuperPro found in Patrols.

My life has been crazy of late. First kid was born in June, started a new job, in the process of spinning up a side business. Just barely starting to come up for water and put focus back on getting the Armada where it needs to be.

Yeah, the SuperPro bushing are 10mm to big, so I'm at the same point you are. I've actually sourced a set of junkyard buckets and am going to move the bolt hole on the outer part of the bracket about 1/4" - 1/2" further out (reinforcing everything, of course) this should then allow enough adjustment. We'll see, trial and error.

Where did you find those buckets?

SRN

Adventurer
I've made a few updates in the past month. First I got a Front Runner Slimline II rack and 23Zero box:

51661442897_355e7d98cc_b.jpg

Even though the interior space of the Armada rivals that of most large warehouses, it is nice to be able to put some stuff up top now.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next, I got my DASH Predator bar and Warn VR EVO 12-S and was able to get it installed this weekend:

51662478438_2122b2b125_b.jpg

51661443412_ced17ecfea_b.jpg

51662930709_79eb918517_b.jpg

51662252466_7cf0989524_b.jpg

Last edited:

e61outside

I've made a few updates in the past month. First I got a Front Runner Slimline II rack and 23Zero box:

51661442897_355e7d98cc_b.jpg

Even though the interior space of the Armada rivals that of most large warehouses, it is nice to be able to put some stuff up top now.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next, I got my DASH Predator bar and Warn VR EVO 12-S and was able to get it installed this weekend:

51662478438_2122b2b125_b.jpg

51661443412_ced17ecfea_b.jpg

51662930709_79eb918517_b.jpg

51662252466_7cf0989524_b.jpg

Looks great! Congrats on the progress. Minor thing you might want to consider addressing if you didn’t yet - the 12v wiring to the winch. You can add a protective braided wire loom and route away from the edge of radiator. That’ll help ensure it doesn’t chafe and short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBGCR4x4

Here's a picture of mine.
Front Runner Slimline II Rack
Guana Equipment Wanaka 55" Roof Top Tent
Guana Equipment Morpho 270 Awning & Room
Cali Raised LED light bar & amber pods
OME Suspension Kit
BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires

IMG_0412.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads