2013 Mitsubishi Fuso Canter FG 4x4 [Sold]

BruceAndKrista

2013 Fuso Canter FG 4x4 FGB72S ~135k km, 4cyl 4P10 turbo diesel w/ 6spd auto.

Located just outside Kingston, Ontario, Canada

7F81A20A-2587-46CC-9BAE-BFB59779903D.jpeg

This is an awesome, and hard to find platform!

Purchased approximately a year ago through a surplus auction - truck was in Creep mode due to lack of maintenance and operator negligence - and needed quite a bit of work to bring it to the condition it is now in.

Rear half of frame, sub-frame, drivetrain and suspension have been scaled and painted with chassis saver paint. Bottom of cab had a few very small holes around the clips for the door trim, these areas were cut out and fresh steel welded in, then painted with chassis saver as well. The ECU case had corrosion which compromised the case, water got in causing serious issues. The ECU has been replaced. Truck was in creep mode due to emission system issues - PCV filter service, faulty sensors, and urea doser service have been performed and the truck has been restored out of creep mode. (Creep mode prevents shifting beyond 1st gear). Alternator was not working, has been replaced, 4WD would not shift in/out - has been repaired. Left front locking hub had been improperly assembled and was non operational - but has been corrected and now functions as it should. Electric fuel pump had corroded, has been replaced with new pump. All brakes have been inspected and are within factory spec. Rear lighting wire harnesses were damaged by poor electrical installation for accessory lighting, all accessory wiring has been removed and truck harnesses have been repaired, lighting is now functioning properly. Oil and oil filter have been changed (OEM parts) as the last change milage was not known. There is a plow mount in the front, (can be removed at request of buyer) but harnesses were incomplete when I purchased the truck, so would need to re-wire if you intend to use the mount. All factory recalls were done by previous owner, including harness replacement. I believe this truck used to have a dump/sander box on it, and as such has a sub-frame on top of the rear frame to level out the S curve/drop frame that the Fuso is known for.

This is now a very clean example of the hard to find FG - but, it is still an 8 year old former work truck and as such is not perfect. There are some rusty parts under the cab, there is some surface rust on the forward part of the frame, and there are two small indents on the front of the cab, if I had to guess - from the cab being tilted into the plow lights. I suspect a good suction cup, or “paintless dent removal” would eliminate these. As of this posting, the small lights on the inside of the cab doors are not working (I’m working on this) which is causing the amber SAM light to illuminate - other than this there are no warning lights, or fault lights.

I am sure you are asking why I would sell this truck - as I mentioned it was purchased at a surplus auction, and my bid was actually for two - I am keeping the other one as my overland build project. The next question would of course by why sell this one, and it is quite simply that I was able to get this one repaired and ready to sell more quickly (fewer issues needing attention).

Asking $28,500 OBO. - with Ontario safety certificate.

41089812-CE2F-4FA4-889B-753280416D2F.jpeg6152919C-29AD-4272-8FE5-C4143F5BE18E.jpegD8944A2C-98D6-4254-B4CB-72432A813E85.jpeg4AF5B971-D770-4472-8EAA-D52BFDD3A4EF.jpeg
0C311C80-3CAD-4D5A-9B9E-ACFD69126709.jpeg756FB386-B300-4FC3-8E32-08E03519BAA1.jpeg568F956F-952E-4BD4-ABE5-28FCCCB33D02.jpegF83D36B0-10A0-4B17-A6BB-369DF2570F04.jpeg

Attachments

• 05673858-871D-429E-8933-4470068B53E0.jpeg
    05673858-871D-429E-8933-4470068B53E0.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:

SuperVan

Forager
I have heard of issues selling vehicles across the southern border over the last year or so. If you are open to exporting I think a little information about the process and a USD asking price might help.

GLWS.
What issues have you heard of?

BruceAndKrista

I have heard of issues selling vehicles across the southern border over the last year or so. If you are open to exporting I think a little information about the process and a USD asking price might help.

GLWS.

Interested to know what issues were as well. I have not exported to the USA, but have imported from USA to Canada - not all that difficult once you see the requirements. For example coming into Canada - title needed to be at the border 72 hours prior to crossing, tax had to be paid, and once in Canada I had to have a letter from the manufacturer based on the VIN that there were no outstanding recalls before I could complete the registration. I would be happy to work with a buyers exporter/importer if it came down to it, and there is a border crossing less than an hour from my place that I could (once deal completed) deliver the ownership (title) ahead of the truck if needed. This is a NAFTA (Canada/USA/Mexico) compliant vehicle, so not like complications importing from overseas. - from my best understanding.

FYI,$28,500 CAD is approximately $23,000 USD these days… (as of Oct 25 2021)

Is this manufactured in North America? A 8-9 year old vehicle can be imported into Mexico if the VIN starts with 1. Could be a good option for my build.

BruceAndKrista

Thanks everyone for the interest and bumping the thread - looks like I have a “somewhat” local buyer coming next week to complete a deal (deposit paid). Will be building into a camper, so hopefully we see a build on here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94