F150 Seat cover recs

ace944gs

Hey all, any recs for seat covers on F150s?

Looking to protect the new '21 Tremor from the hell kids and dogs put cars through for as long as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• F4FBF7A3-F88F-44F4-97DB-D0B6440E826A.jpeg
    F4FBF7A3-F88F-44F4-97DB-D0B6440E826A.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 19

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Not F-150 specific, but for my Tacoma, I put a set of Wet Okole on. The fit is amazing, they look great, build quality seems to be very good, they're customizable. Not cheap though. With a labor day discount, I still paid around $500-600. Worth every penny to me, especially now that I have a messy dog that sheds like mad. They're waterproof neoprene with foam padding. I added pockets to the front edge of my driver's seat and map pockets to the back of both front seats, and added the center console cover. I wasn't too happy with their basic black/gray color options and went with a really nice camo. Works great with my tan truck and camo works great to hide any stains!

ace944gs

Not F-150 specific, but for my Tacoma, I put a set of Wet Okole on. The fit is amazing, they look great, build quality seems to be very good, they're customizable. Not cheap though. With a labor day discount, I still paid around $500-600. Worth every penny to me, especially now that I have a messy dog that sheds like mad. They're waterproof neoprene with foam padding. I added pockets to the front edge of my driver's seat and map pockets to the back of both front seats, and added the center console cover. I wasn't too happy with their basic black/gray color options and went with a really nice camo. Works great with my tan truck and camo works great to hide any stains!

That's awesome, hadn't come across these covers yet. My concerns are the covers looking like, well...covers (poor fit, wrinkles, not sized correctly, etc...), but the neoprene looks awesome.

You're not kidding about the price though...whew. Will wait for a sale for sure!

Any other recs out there, lmk!

Wallygator

Adventurer
Neoprene is horrible. Wet Okole's only resulted in a wet A holy so only bought those once. In other words, SWAMP AZZ. That was in a Jeep that frequently had the windows open in the summers. Since then have only used canvas style seat covers. Currently have Carhartt seat covers and I feel they will last as long as my Tundra or longer. They are not cheap but IMO well worth the price. Got mine here...

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/seat-covers/carhartt-seat-covers

ace944gs

Neoprene is horrible. Wet Okole's only resulted in a wet A holy so only bought those once. In other words, SWAMP AZZ. That was in a Jeep that frequently had the windows open in the summers. Since then have only used canvas style seat covers. Currently have Carhartt seat covers and I feel they will last as long as my Tundra or longer. They are not cheap but IMO well worth the price. Got mine here...

Thanks, and makes sense... im realizing I need to get into the seat cover business. Dang, was not thinking I'd be dropping $600+ on seat protection...

We just bought a rear seat cover by Weathertech for our dog. Just ordered it and haven't gotten home from offshore to install it yet. I'll let you know how the fit and finish is. We wanted a solid cover so we didn't opt for the Carhartt ones with covers for the armrest and individual seats, and they were more expensive as well. The Carhartt ones have good reviews from what I saw.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I'll give recommendation of a set to stay away from: Cover King/Skanda. I put a set on my F-150 and I'm very disappointed with the fit. Huge gaps on the seat bottom.

I put a less exepensive set of Seat Designs seat covers on my wife's CR-V and they fit much better.

Here's what I've learned about seat covers: One - piece covers (the kind that slide over the seat back and also onto the seat cushion) never fit right. What you want are two piece covers, i.e. one piece for the seat back and a separate piece for the seat bottom. The Cover Kings are one piece, the Seat Designs are two piece.

My Cover Kings were a "neosupreme" material which I think is a kind of cheap neoprene knock off. They seem to work OK for what seat covers are supposed to do (protect the seats.) Considering what I spent (around $250 for the front row seats) I'm going to keep them for a while even though I don't like the way they have ugly gaps in them.

Attached photos show the issues with my seat covers.

Seatcovers 1.jpg
seatcovers 3.jpg

seatcovers 4.jpg

And before someone says "just tuck those edges in" - yeah, I tried - as soon as I sit in the seat they pop back out. there's not enough friction to hold them in.

I've pulled them off several times to try and re-fit them. They never fit better and the gap at the back of the seat bottom gets bigger every time I sit in the truck.

Interestingly, the back seat covers fit much, much better - but that's because they are a 2 piece design with the bottom piece separate from the back piece.

The best set of seat covers I ever had was a set of Cordura Nylon covers I got from Marathon Seat Covers in Montana.

If money were no object I'd get the Marathon covers. They are pricey but well made.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Also, if "protection" is what you're after, consider a set of floor liners. I've been putting Husky Floor Liners in my vehicles since 2010 and I love them. Husky Floor Liners are literally the first thing I order when I get a new vehicle. They fit great, are easy to take care of and look good.

vevans

Retired 4-Wheeler
Canvas seat covers are the only way to go. Purchased mine from Headwaters Seat Covers (877) 485-3001. They are located in Montana. The seat covers are custom made to fit and they do fit. No wrinkles or folds. Canvas is very comfortable and easy to wash. They are over 4 years old and look new. My Jeep is my daily driver and has over 250K miles so the seat covers get a lot of use. Do yourself a favor and give them a call.

Vince

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer

Carhartt covers don't fit very well in my opinion, one of the main reasons I steered clear of them. I wanted seat covers that weren't loose or sloppy or looked like seat covers. I have never had issues with swamp azz with my covers. If it gets hot, I have the AC on anyways and if it's nice enough to have the windows down, I'm fine with no wet butt. Sorry your personal experience wasn't as good as mine has been over the past two years. The fit of Wet Okole is hard to beat for the price. I've seen others on here put covers on that fit about the same as Wet Okole but paid ~$2k+.

Huck

I've been a happy user of wet okole's and am mid-way through installing them on my 21 F150. Had them previously on my 4Runner and when I pulled them off to sell it, the "new car smell" came back as they kept the seats in incredible condition.

The fit is also great, they've had a lot of experience getting it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94