2022 Range Rover L460

DieselRanger

The 11.4" display looks way out of place in the center stack. Part of the RR appeal was always having such a nicely intergrated display(s). Now it looks like someone velcroed it on there - dirt and debris will surely get behind it as well. It does allow for adding larger displays down the road I suppose, but off the cuff I think the dash is ho-hum. The gear selector area seems fine. Pricing will surely be outlandish since we know they are pushing the RR upmarket.
Pushing the Range Rover upmarket? I've never seen one on my local lot for under $110,000. You can option and SVO them well into the $300K's.

XJLI

Adventurer
Compared to the mightly AJV8, the switch to the BMW N63B44T3 does not bode well:

The 5 Most Common BMW N63 Engine Problems (https://bmwtuning.co/n63-engine-problems/):
  • Excess Oil Consumption
  • Fuel Injector Failure
  • Timing Chain Failure
  • Leaking Valve Stem Seals
  • Fast Battery Drainage

Sounds about right. Its just a stopgap anyway until they release the full electric one. Right now they need to big power motor to compete with other brands, so it was probably way cheaper to just use an existing motor than develop a new one. I'm sure there is some emissions reason they didn't use the supercharged 5.0 AJV8.

gatorgrizz27

The Land Rover saga continues.

Install garbage engine with tons of problems.

Get reputation for poor reliability.

Refine or change engine for one that is nearly perfect.

Just before reputation is restored, switch to a new garbage engine with tons of problems…

SkiWill

The Land Rover saga continues.

Install garbage engine with tons of problems.

Get reputation for poor reliability.

Refine or change engine for one that is nearly perfect.

Just before reputation is restored, switch to a new garbage engine with tons of problems…

Well, the Grenadier was supposed to be the "spiritual successor" to the Defender, and then they sourced their engine from BMW as well, so they are following the Land Rover ethos. Make a fantastic off road vehicle, install a garbage engine designed by someone else, and meet the consequences.

I wouldn't touch a BMW V8 with a 10 foot pole for the well known reasons listed by Naks. The inline 6 is supposedly better, but BMW has a habit of routing oil through alternator brackets and putting timing chains with guides that don't last on the firewall side of the motor. It's like the they literally sit around and think up new ways of creating leaks and problems while maximizing labor intensive fixes. At least Land Rover had the good sense to put the timing chain on the front of the AJV8s when they decided to make guides and chains that wouldn't last.

Not that I can afford the new Range Rover, but I wouldn't even consider the BMW V8 version if I had the means. I'll take a used 7 seater with Ingenium inline 6 whenever it depreciates enough for me to actually be able to afford it. Or electric.

DieselRanger

Yeah, but if an Escalade or Grand Wagoneer is a 100K vehicle, you know they'll want to be above that. I'm guessing they want to be on par with Cullinans and Bentaygas...
I priced a fairly barebones V8 at $135K. If you go the SVO Autobiography route, you can spec all sorts of bespoke things that get you RR or Bentley levels of bling and luxury at a lower price, and in a much prettier and more capable carriage to boot. Smart money and taste goes with the Range Rover EWB.

naks

Well, that didn't take long!

normal_251306931_4725955477464491_5590908744861316583_n.jpg

normal_251771046_4725955470797825_6725459877504101257_n.jpg

normal_251915468_4725955474131158_539319510942097261_n.jpg

Ryan...

Pushing the Range Rover upmarket? I've never seen one on my local lot for under $110,000. You can option and SVO them well into the $300K's.

When my wife bought her Jaguar I spent at least an hour fawning over the Tuscan Blue Range Rover SV Autobiography they had in the showroom. Price tag was somewhere north of $190k.

Maybe I'll find one in about 8 years after its depreciated 85% :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles