AEV 3.5” lift on 37s - 2015 JKUR

vonguido

Adventurer
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and answers to my question.

I ended up picking up a Rock Krawler 3.5” lift for a great deal w/ fox 2.0 RR - I figured if I get sick of the 37s I can down grade to 35’s and 2.5” springs.
New Adam’s drive shafts F/R
37” Mickey Thompson’s
AEV dual sport rims
Dynatrac big brake kit
AEV rear tire carrier for the hardrock rear bumper
Steering is going to steer smart
And a few other odds and ends.

So we’ll see how it goes, I have never owned a vehicle with 37s so I wanted to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
37s do look awesome! I'm curious to see the final product.

As others discussed, I think it is important to recognize the difference in people's vehicles based on the intended uses and general wants.
People "Overland" Unimogs when a stock old 4Runner will do. It's all a matter of enjoying your drive and enjoying what YOU drive. I'd rather drive a Jeep compared to Kia Sorento even though the Kia would probably do 95% of what I need it to do.

Maybe the community naysays lifting so quickly because people new to the lifestyle initially think you HAVE to have big tires and a big lift to drive over gravel.

Go get them 37s! Crossing fingers for good luck with the axles.

Zeep

Adventurer
this ^^^ well done for all the correct reasons

I was a huge fan of AEV until I realized they will quit building parts for you as fast as Jeep changes models.
Best Engineering Supplier EVER..... Absolute disaster at marketing and customer support.
There are choices, AEV is cool but long term I really regret choosing anything AEV.
So true!
I could not believe how fast they dropped any support for the TJ/LJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke