UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Had a great weekend with the kids, took the Bronco up Hurricane creek yesterday and it did great as expected. Could have used the front locker a few times but that would have just made it that much easier! Another quick off road trip with no rubbing or weird noises, this thing rocks!

231501161_10225089628406401_1863173838431067315_n.jpg

I expected to bottom out in this section since the ruts are so deep but it didn't.

231041814_10225089628726409_7974819682642752940_n.jpg

231067645_10225089629126419_6749404723892066493_n.jpg

2.8rsr

Same here, all i can see is pics in post #8715 and videos.
I think it has something to do with the way Facebook is handling Chris' pictures. If it's an image grab from a video or from IG or Facebook as an image directly it may be handled by Expo differently, the YouTube vids are fine. I can see #8724, 23 & 22 (same post BTW), but not #8721 or the others mentioned before. It's been like that for a few months now.

Best to sign up for his IG feed and then you don't miss a thing.

ig: ujointoffroad fb: ujointoffroad

Farfrumwork

I think it has something to do with the way Facebook is handling Chris' pictures....

Best to sign up for his IG feed and then you don't miss a thing.

ig: ujointoffroad fb: ujointoffroad

But I want to see images here! (whining)

Seriously, FB and IG have taken a huge toll on enthusiast web sites. All my 'geek boards' (as I call them) have shown less activity over the last 5+yrs as people just sit on FB groups. As one without a FB account, and with obviously no desire to join, it really detracts from the content here (and every other enthusiast site).

'rant' over

I know it must take an extraordinary amount of time for businesses and individuals to try to get there content out across multiple platforms, so I don't 'blame' anyone. It's a lot of work. I just liked it better before... (probably what folks in the magazine industry thought when the internet crushed their world)

I really want to see that Bronco in action though!

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
FWIW, I’m with you Farfrum. I despise social media and hope I never have to join just to see the things I like.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I hear ya! Everything that gets posted to our FB page also gets posted here. I approach IG a bit differently and tend to only post bigger milestones of builds as opposed to progress pics like I do to FB and here.FB is basically dead these days, very little interaction.

This forum also seems to be dialing down but I'll keep posting. For years I've had a lot of customers use it as a tool and tell me they view this thread but don't post or interact. Thats why I keep posting even if it doesn't get likes or comments. It's the only forum I'm active on.

I do post a lot of stories of daily shop activity on IG. If you guys don't like FB ck out IG, its simpler and you can dial it in to only see what you're interested in. I only have a few friends/family that I follow on IG, its my selfish space to get inspired and see only cool car stuff :)

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Age. The older rigs always throw us a curveball and the transmission parts are getting really hard to source. The late model B190s have a weird E4OD/4R100 mixup unit that is especially hard to source parts for. So, to save us some headaches I've cut off anything older than 2000 for installs here at the shop. We can still ship kits for the older rigs.
I’m sure it was a difficult choice to make. It makes me somewhat :(, especially since my rig is a ‘97 and falls below the line. I haven’t got any plans to have (or do) a conversion anytime soon… but no longer having the choice saddens me somewhat.

That said I completely understand why you needed to make this decision. I want to be especially clear that I’m not upset with you for making the decision Chris. As business owners we can’t please everyone all the time, and I thank you for everything you’re doing. I also appreciate that you’re still supplying the parts to do the conversion… even if you need to pass on doing these older rigs that have the potential to be such a headache.

Keep up the good work & updates to your thread here. I’ll keep checking in to see what you’re doing. If the day comes when I sell the business and retire… then perhaps I’ll convert to 4WD and travel the world. Until then I’ll live vicariously through those who do.

:D ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94