F550 rear bucket seat options?

Just committed to a Total Composites box build for a 2021 F550. There will be a pass thru from cab to camper box and bucket seats are a must for ease of access. Below are a couple of pictures on the Unbound Freedom backseat. Any ideas on where to source a similar set of seats? Thx!

43D15106-8FC4-4B72-865B-BECFCE75970D.jpeg2342BC28-6318-49F9-8400-C941634697D0.jpeg

Anybody know where EarthRoamer sources their rear seats per below? It doesn't look ER uses the factory split '40' side on rear passenger and then sources an identical '40' for the rear driver's side. Both of the rear seats appear to be bucket seats, which leads me to believe that a set of bucket seats will need to be sourced. Where is the question?

My 2022 F550 Lariat is about to be delivered and really need to get this sorted out soon!

152-Cab-Rearresized-1.jpg

Attachments

• F550 Super Duty Super Cab Rear 60 40 Split Bench eBay.png
    F550 Super Duty Super Cab Rear 60 40 Split Bench eBay.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
D

Deleted member 9101

Those are just a set of front seats, bolted in the rear. All it takes is a custom bracket.

Those are just a set of front seats, bolted in the rear. All it takes is a custom bracket.

Alright, about to pull the trigger on rear seating. Ebay has plenty of passenger side super duty bucket seats without seat-belts for about $200 each shipped. Do you guys see any issues with just using passenger side front buckets for both rear seats? The only difference (between passenger and driver buckets) that I can see is that the seat recliner lever is on the right side of the seats. Also, should it be fairly straight forward to use the seatbelts that come with the factory rear split bench for the newly installed bucket seats? In addition, I plan on replacing the vinyl coverings on the passenger side bucket seats to match the black leather of our Lariat build. Thanks in advance!

rickgibbs

Alright, about to pull the trigger on rear seating. Ebay has plenty of passenger side super duty bucket seats without seat-belts for about $200 each shipped. Do you guys see any issues with just using passenger side front buckets for both rear seats? The only difference (between passenger and driver buckets) that I can see is that the seat recliner lever is on the right side of the seats. Also, should it be fairly straight forward to use the seatbelts that come with the factory rear split bench for the newly installed bucket seats? In addition, I plan on replacing the vinyl coverings on the passenger side bucket seats to match the black leather of our Lariat build. Thanks in advance!

I'm curious if you ended up trying this out?

I'm curious if you ended up trying this out?

Funny you should ask. We are just finalizing the build and I was discussing the bucket seat placement with our builder right as you posted. We ended up purchasing the seats, but for a few reasons we determined to stick with the factory 60/40 split bench. 1) The pass-thru width would be reduced by the bucket seats. 2). Mounting the buckets to the aluminum floor wouldn’t offer a 100% secure mount relative to the factory mounts in the current 60/40 split bench. 3) If we fold the 60 portion of split bench down, the very top of the folded seat sits exactly level with the bottom of the pass-thru. I’ll post pics once completed.

Here is the rig as it stands, built by Hunter RMV. I’ll take delivery next week ?

497A533F-806C-4088-B625-9E3C6102B113.jpegF0F6A0F4-6A36-4218-9709-BB68E011002E.jpeg

Vance Vanz

Hey senorparker,

I just sent you a PM, but I was also hoping you could post additional pics of your build? It looks great and it would be nice to see more.

Maybe you have a separate build thread somewhere else on the portal and I just missed it for some reason.

Thanks,

Vance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles