SOLD: 2013 Lexus GX460 SOLD!

dsperkin

GX has a 23 gallon tank. Do the math. 350 is a BS figure at those MPGs.

You’re right, this isn’t craigslist. We should call BS when we see it and keep it that way.
Look at this picture... The fuel tank is full - the cruising range says 350. I am not making this up.

I believe the fuel light comes on with 20 miles left of cruising range. Even if I went down to zero miles, I could still push it further. I don't ever run the fuel pump dry. I am simply stating what I see on the computer. I have verified and honestly believe that I can get a good 300-350 miles off of one tank and not run the fuel pump dry. Not sure what your issue is...

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 113

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I've been an admin here for 10 years and I don't know what's up with folks lately but Ive only banned 1 person in 10 years, but I'm getting prepared to break out Thor's ban hammer. Some of you folks may be new here and simply didn't bother to read the terms of use you agreed to abide by. We do not use non-family-friendly language here, we don't bash people in their for sale ads, and we don't belittle others. And finally, everyone who signs up agrees to act in a gentlemanly way.

I'm seeing a lack of all of those in this thread. To those to whom this applies, consider yourself warned as when I ban you, you'll get NO explanation!

dsperkin

I just want to put out this real, solid information for anyone who might be following along.

This weekend my wife and I drove to Lubbock TX to visit family. Out of curiosity and thinking of the recent post, I wanted to see how the GX was doing fuel-wise. Here are the real numbers.

Lubbock TX - ABQ NM on the map shows 320 miles.
You can see from the pictures that I logged 311 miles.
There is a fair amount of driving uphill from Lubbock to ABQ - just because of the elevation change.
I filled up in Lubbock the day before I left knowing that I needed fuel for the trip. You can see my fuel gauge reads full and my milage at the bottom of the picture. (117,526)
The pictures show that I logged 15.6 miles per gallon on the way home. My average reads 14mpg.
In those 311 miles, I did not need to fill up the tank, my cruising range still shows 26 miles till empty after the trip, and my fuel light is not on.
Milage after trip = 117,837
I honestly feel and have stated before on this thread that I can comfortably and safely get 300 - 350 miles from fill up to fuel light.
I would also like to mention, 15.6mpg was all highway miles... My average has factored in my city and highway mileage and I feel 14 is accurate.

117,526 - 117,837 = 311 miles
Pictures show actual gathered data from this trip.

Attachments

• IMG_0823 2.jpg
    IMG_0823 2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89

Overland-X5

I've been an admin here for 10 years and I don't know what's up with folks lately but Ive only banned 1 person in 10 years, but I'm getting prepared to break out Thor's ban hammer. Some of you folks may be new here and simply didn't bother to read the terms of use you agreed to abide by. We do not use non-family-friendly language here, we don't bash people in their for sale ads, and we don't belittle others. And finally, everyone who signs up agrees to act in a gentlemanly way.

I'm seeing a lack of all of those in this thread. To those to whom this applies, consider yourself warned as when I ban you, you'll get NO explanation!

I'm sure this applies to me. Apologies. I've seen beef tits post before, generally coming off like an arrogant prick, and felt this time that he needed some of that back at him. I'll refrain next time.

Overland-X5

It matters because it’s not effective range and anyone regularly running to empty to get more range is a moron.

You cant run a pump dry over and over, the fuel cools the pump. Hope you’re carrying a spare!

Looks like he responded with pictures and it wasn't run dry. The math came out correct for his average MPG. I think it's common knowledge to most "car" people that you should not a run a tank down to fumes. No bueno for the fuel pump. But his post wasn't "deceiving", and there is proof.

I've watched a lot of the TAV videos and followed them for a while. They have built a reputation around the mixture of various top of the line part companies, but with their own flare. They are a fabrication shop as well and do "one-off" parts and set-ups all the time. They have a Stages for people that just want a truck built for them, but with TAV's expertise. But they also do custom stuff as well. If you are a DIY guy, then great. I am too. A lot of people aren't, or don't have experience enough do build something like that.

Let me ask you, what shocks do you make in your garage and how do you valve them? Or do you just buy from a reputable shock company? What control arms do you make in your garage?
I've called and asked them what makes the parts special that they put on vehicles, vs the normal guy being able to go buy them and install them. I was told the the Kings for example, are valved specifically for their specs and their builds, and that King won't tell anyone what that is or sell them to anyone. Not sure if that matters to people, but it might.

But hey, if you can do it better, go for it. Out build what they build, or any other company builds for that matter. Otherwise, enjoy being miserable and trying to suck others into your misery.

Model97

Or, Odin's Gransfors Bruks Forest Axe will work too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier