Jeep Gladiator Camper Options

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I did not see any toppers for the Gladiator at SEMA. I think the brands were expecting Gladiator sales to be too low to be worth their while.

I was expecting to see a bunch, and didn't see a single one.
Maybe next year the Aussie and South African toppers will be in force.

-Dan

kylethompson

Right, not an engineer... didn’t think of that. I am curious how much the bed actually flexes in relation to the cab.
I’m bringing an old thread back to life because I really want someone to make a camper for the gladiator with a pass through from the cabin. A very smart fabricator/builder friend planted the idea in my head and it seems like it could be done.

Yeah the bed moves independently on a truck, but how much? These pics are the Mojave, which has a stiffer frame, but there is no difference in angle and gap that I can see between this flex photo and the at rest photo.
2FD80637-3224-4C72-A52A-2D407A0307BC.jpeg
74C6647C-59C0-407A-AFEE-14F528E776FC.jpeg
Can you imagine a blazer chalet style setup on a gladiator? And with the ability to build the thing into a hard top and bolt it in, you wouldn’t even have to cut into the vehicle body. What an opportunity. The only thing superior about van camping (to me) is the ability to crawl back without leaving the vehicle. If you can get that in a truck? So rad.

Attachments

• 28AFEF87-6DFA-4A86-B1B1-725AC3AD9EF3.png
    28AFEF87-6DFA-4A86-B1B1-725AC3AD9EF3.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 7735FB22-A8F5-4445-9A2B-BFE917DEB8DF.jpeg
    7735FB22-A8F5-4445-9A2B-BFE917DEB8DF.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

kylethompson

I did see that and shared it with my fabricator buddy. Very promising how little flex that person on YouTube was finding with their bed, but it didn’t appear that he had flexed it much.

I’ve already bought a Mojave gladiator and will likely already have something in place before someone ever came to market with something this awesome. But a guy can dream.

I like building on my CUCV but the gladiator will do double duty as Baja rig and family vehicle so the camper will need to look nice, which is beyond my backyard hack abilities.

This is on gladiator forum: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gladiator-expedition-rigs.44600/

I think he is trying to do the same thing.

This guy did something similar for different reasons:

I think it would be awesome/probably force me into buying a gladiator if someone can figure out a solution. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior