2021 F250 Godzilla Build

breden487

Quick build detail. 2021 F250 with the 7.3 gas motor, 4.33 gears, dual battery and big alternator upgrade. Carli 2.5 Pin Top kit with full HD rear leafs (should have went with the Backcountry kit), 35x12.5x18 BFG's on 18x9 Method 314 wheels. Upgrades to come will be a front winch, bumper and lights. Flatbed is a OVE 6.75 alumabed and the camper is a 2021 OVE HBE 6.75. IMG_20210604_131825135.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210618_071508423_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210618_071508423_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 486
  • 51438.jpeg
    51438.jpeg
    565.3 KB · Views: 467

Ninelitetrip

Funny how close this is to what I want. Interested to see how this goes. You went with the Deaver rear leafs? Why the preference for the Backcountry? XLT trim? My preference would be to remove the rear seats and put in a storage platform. I'm interested to see how you like the 35's rather than trying to go big on tire size. Solar?

breden487

Yes, Deaver HD leafs, blackout Lariat XLT package. I wanted leather and no chrome lol. I just think the Pin Top is probably overkill for back country camping, but didn't think that when I purchased it. 180 watt panel with 2k Inverter and 100 amph battery to start. I feel 35's are fine, much bigger and it becomes a pain in the butt to get in the camper and the truck in my opinion. Not to mention the drain on the motor/fuel economy as well. I'm really happy with how it turned out, does drive well in it's current mode.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I agree, the Pintop Kit is more than what is necessary for overland travel/adventure, the Back Country is more in line with those needs and cheaper to boot. That said, it’s never a bad thing to have better than what you “need.”

Ninelitetrip

I like the look of that Lariat Black setup. With this setup and no garage you also don't have issues of where to put a larger spare tire unless you spring for the Carli spare setup or the OVE carrier off the back. Was bed delete an option? Was going to an F-350 an option?

OllieChristopher

You went the right route with the Pin Top and King shocks. The Backcountry kit is not going to be as comfortable when the shocks fade after 50 miles or so of washboard. The King shocks for someone who does not race are virtually fade free.

breden487

I like the look of that Lariat Black setup. With this setup and no garage you also don't have issues of where to put a larger spare tire unless you spring for the Carli spare setup or the OVE carrier off the back. Was bed delete an option? Was going to an F-350 an option?
To be honest, I didn't even look into it as I was on the fence as to what camper I was going with when I placed the truck order and knew the boingers were coming off as well so 250/350 didn't matter to me.

Last edited:

OllieChristopher

VERY NICE build Breden!! So all I was looking at on your truck was the pictures of the King shocks you installed. And of course I used the name of the suspension companies "component type" without having a clue to the setup other than shocks. Wow!! I have been looking at what truck to buy next after my 1500 Sierra dies.

Carli's shop is local to me and that setup you have is nothing short of amazing. I watched a few YouTube videos on your truck and suspension. You are doing it right!! I have been a GM guy all my life but the trucks are having more and more issues as the new model years come in.

Ford is using an old school pushrod big block with none of the fuel management crap to fail. For anyone wanting a reliable and stout overland vehicle I would highly recommend this. Sure the fuel mileage is not very good. OTOH it has stump pulling power and very good stock running gear and chassis. This makes for a great platform. I have been doing a lot of research on my next truck and I think this would be it.

And if you are smart you can get this rig under 50 grand if you get the basic XL without all the stupid options. I did a build on the Ford website and with 7.3, 4:33 lockers, 370 amp alt/dual battery it comes in at around 48,000.00.

I have subscribed to this build I'm excited to see more pictures and you complete setup!!

Explorerinil

Observer
VERY NICE build Breden!! So all I was looking at on your truck was the pictures of the King shocks you installed. And of course I used the name of the suspension companies "component type" without having a clue to the setup other than shocks. Wow!! I have been looking at what truck to buy next after my 1500 Sierra dies.

Carli's shop is local to me and that setup you have is nothing short of amazing. I watched a few YouTube videos on your truck and suspension. You are doing it right!! I have been a GM guy all my life but the trucks are having more and more issues as the new model years come in.

Ford is using an old school pushrod big block with none of the fuel management crap to fail. For anyone wanting a reliable and stout overland vehicle I would highly recommend this. Sure the fuel mileage is not very good. OTOH it has stump pulling power and very good stock running gear and chassis. This makes for a great platform. I have been doing a lot of research on my next truck and I think this would be it.

And if you are smart you can get this rig under 50 grand if you get the basic XL without all the stupid options. I did a build on the Ford website and with 7.3, 4:33 lockers, 370 amp alt/dual battery it comes in at around 48,000.00.

I have subscribed to this build I'm excited to see more pictures and you complete setup!!
The 7.3 and 10 speed are a great combo, the new trans and tuning is perfect, has the right gear every time and holds gears. I’ll mention that I daly drive a f250 with the 7.3, 4:30 gears and 35 inch tires, average fuel mileage is 14 mpg, not bad considering ford trucks are huge and have the aerodynamics of a brick. My wife’s Tahoe gets 17 mpg (To put it in perspective). Also the 7.3 runs on 87 octane and takes run of the mill 5w30 and a motor craft fl820s oil filter which is the most common oil filter around and can be bought for under $3 at rock auto.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
It's easier to get a stripped down Ford than it is to piece meal the options you want because they are notorious for requiring certain packages and trim levels simply to attain certain options. Their build sheets are absolute madness. A comparable RAM is and likely will always be slightly cheaper than a Ford. I see a lot of the 7.3L gasser Tremor's in my AO, more than the diesel version by far.

OllieChristopher

It's easier to get a stripped down Ford than it is to piece meal the options you want because they are notorious for requiring certain packages and trim levels simply to attain certain options. Their build sheets are absolute madness. A comparable RAM is and likely will always be slightly cheaper than a Ford. I see a lot of the 7.3L gasser Tremor's in my AO, more than the diesel version by far.

I'm not so sure about that. About the only thing I could not get with the XL build and 445 CI gas engine was the 3:73 locker. If you are looking for a basic extended cab truck without all the unnecessary fluff then this can be a great bargain.

I don't want to get into the "Ford is better than Chrysler/Fiat" only because this is about a gentleman's build on a Ford platform. Heck I'm a GM truck guy since a teenager. I'm willing to bet these Ford rigs with a simple 7.3 liter pushrod motor and the already great chassis are going to get to be a very popular build option for many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz