*SOLD* 2016 AEV Prospector XL 6.7 Cummins - Charlotte, NC

nlscooby

Observer
Here's a photo of the Intercooler Skid plate AEV just released a few weeks ago. I think I was one of the first to order and install it.

Attachments

• 90AF5692-4CEC-45FF-9D5A-CB92CCE2CAFD.jpg
    90AF5692-4CEC-45FF-9D5A-CB92CCE2CAFD.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 4837092D-3C39-4A66-94B5-B0CD3EDE6FF8.jpg
    4837092D-3C39-4A66-94B5-B0CD3EDE6FF8.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 257

nlscooby

Observer
Quick update:
I just replaced the coolant reservoir, the level sensor and the hoses that run to (and from) it. The reservoir suffered the common RAM hairline crack. It was frustrating to identify at first as it wasn't actually leaking, but you could smell coolant after a drive. The replacement of these parts corrected the problem - so there is no longer any coolant smell after driving.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
If I weren't already in the process of building a single cab version at the moment we would probably be talking. GLWS!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Use this rig while you are building the other one! How are you liking the '21 LC? I have an 08 that I can't give up....

Lol. I don't think that the misses would approve of two RAM diesels are large tires along with everything else lol. We love the LC, very similar to the 2019 LX570 it replaced but more our speed in terms of styling and looks. It'll be a long term vehicle for us that'll likely retire to a second property at some point. It'll get built after the RAM project is complete. I don't blame you for not wanting to get rid of yours, I love the 200.

mose121

This is correct. There are different rules/standards even between counties of the same state. Diesel powered vehicles in N. Carolina only require an annual safety inspection. In "the South" its very common to see deleted trucks even advertised by dealers. I actually think Georgia and Florida may not require gas nor diesel vehicle emissions testing/inspection of at all! (I could be incorrect). It's confusing for sure.

This is an awesome truck and almost exactly what I want for my upcoming overlanding 4WC build. I just won't be ready to move on anything for another 6-12 months. But man, this thing is one ************** beast!

Just for the sake of transparency for any potential buyers that may not be very "in the know", it should be noted that the deletion of these emissions components is still a violation of the federal Clean Air Act. State emissions requirements do not have any bearing on federal law that requires these components to remain installed. In addition, I believe it is still a federal requirement that state safety inspections in non-emissions counties include a visual tampering inspection to ensure that the federally mandated emissions components are still installed and operational. This would seemingly include the state of NC, according to emissons.org and the EPA...

" Vehicle owners must get their vehicles to pass a vehicle emissions test within 90 days of their vehicle’s registration renewal deadline. If the vehicle owner living in one of the designated 48 counties does not get their vehicle to pass a safety and emissions inspection, the North Carolina DMV will block their vehicle registration until they do. Vehicles that are not registered in one of the above counties only need to pass a yearly safety and visual tampering inspection."

You may still be able to sneak it past the visual inspection if you know someone or the shop is lazy and/or doesn't care, but it's still not technically legal regardless. Now the odds of the Feds catching let alone coming after you are very low, but it's still important to understand any risks you assume as a potential buyer. It may also be possible that the seller might be liable for knowingly selling a vehicle that violates federal emissions laws, regardless of whether it was made known to the buyer prior to purchase or not. All that being said, I don't mean for this to deter any buyers. If you're serious about buying a truck like this one, you probably already know what you need to do. I really wish I was in a position to buy this truck right now and I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was ready to pull the trigger.

nlscooby

Observer
Thanks for that note. I agree everyone should understand the rules than govern where they live. That being said - the reality is that an incredible number of diesel powered vehicles are registered, driven, inspected and sold even by dealers in this part of the country (and even advertised by dealers as "deleted"). There has certainly been a crackdown on shops that perform deletes on diesel powered vehicles, but not on individual owners - and if they were to attempt to apply any such penalty, the word on the street is that is would potentially apply to 2019 and newer vehicles. Ironically, this makes pre 2019 deleted trucks more valuable in the eyes of certain buyers. And now my disclaimer: I'm not an attorney nor do I pretend to be one on TV. :)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Just a reminder: It is against the terms of participation (use) here to come into another member's classified ad and post any negative or derogatory commentary. Thanks all - DJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles