Good Ratchet Straps

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I just ordered more Rollercam straps and paid full price as I didn't want anyone thinking I was touting freebies.
I love these things and everyone I have loaned one to has ended up buying them also.

Price is really easy to handle and I usually order longer and cut to size as the 50cent difference to get 3 more feet of strap is worth it.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I just ordered more Rollercam straps and paid full price as I didn't want anyone thinking I was touting freebies.
I love these things and everyone I have loaned one to has ended up buying them also.

Price is really easy to handle and I usually order longer and cut to size as the 50cent difference to get 3 more feet of strap is worth it.
Might have to give those a whirl. I hate ratchet straps.

drrobinson

Nice find!

Straight ends or loop ends? Which do you think are more useful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Nice find!

Straight ends or loop ends? Which do you think are more useful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the looped ends as I can put them around a bar, a tie down, a carbiner or whatever.
I do have a couple of really long straight ends in case I want to go around a big load but honestly 99% of the time I am using the looped ends.

robert

Expedition Leader
One more thought on straps. Most trucking companies replace their straps each year because they degrade in the sun. Probably should take note of that and replace your straps if they get a lot of sun. Not sure that they need to go annually but if they start to look faded its probably time for them to go.

One of my former neighbors (RIP Ken) was an engineer and being an typical engineer, he was on the OCD side. I can remember walking by his house one day and he was sitting in his driveway cleaning all of his various straps and then dunking them in one of the UV protection solutions then hanging them to dry. He said he did it once a year and some of his straps were definitely older, including the one across his john boat. He had nylon and canvas straps that he was doing this to. This was before Nikwax and I can't recall what he used, but it was one of his yearly to-do things.

I do inspect whatever straps I'm using before and after use and any that are damaged get tossed, it's just not worth it to me to risk losing gear or worse, causing damage to my own or someone else's property. Bungee cords are the devil and I don't recommend them although I'll admit to keeping one on hand to pull my rear window on my camper shell closed if I have something sticking out of it. Never, ever get in the line of fire of one in case it breaks and you really ought to be wearing some form of protective eyewear.

jwiereng

Is there a Canadian Distributor of the rollercam straps with loop ends?

Buying direct and shipping from
USA is costly.

If the border was open soon for recreational travel, I would ship them to ups store and go get them. Only 20 mins from bordertown

jwiereng

Just a bump about a year later - still in lockdown, still wishing for a Canadian source for rollercam straps

pith helmet

not a Canadian source but just in response to the title of the thread...I don’t own the ratchets but I do have recovery straps and cam straps from these guys. Fair price for good quality stuff, made in USA, if that matters to you.

billiebob

I use the cheapest on sale ratchet straps year round to hold ladders on my roof. Never had a problem and I drive 12K miles a year with them up there. You can spend as much as you want but if you are just holding down things your roof rack is designed to haul save some money.

DSC_0047.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94