Henness Pass (NV / CA)...3 hours digging

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
Interesting set up, you have a really nice pick up and then the old military trailer. I like it! You definitely need better tires but either way the snow sucks. I’m honestly a little surprised how much snow was left. I took my family up there a few months ago to play in the snow and it wasn’t too bad, I’m surprised what snow we had this year isn’t gone already.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
It's still a little early for Henness, I'm not surprized at the amount of snow.

That was a lot of digging! Glad you got out.

leesagi

There was snow on some parts...I think that if I had good tires and no trailer I should have been fine...I'll probably try that again in a few weeks, and this time, I'll take the kids in case someone needs to dig :)

WOODY2

Adventurer
I'd be very careful with the heater going all night, I know they say it's safe but stuff happens.

leesagi

I'd be very careful with the heater going all night, I know they say it's safe but stuff happens.

True...I have this Mr. Body for about 8 years and only started to use it now, it's a game changer, I can camp at any temperature in great comfort. I'm trying to be cheerful, but yes, it is a risk.

highwest

We just called our trailer “the boat anchor”. It definitely changes your perspective on mud, sand, snow, etc. We became more accustomed to turning around and changing our plans on the fly.

We ended up rigging our trailer with a Chinese diesel heater after only a single trip with the Mr. Heater.

I love your demeanor on the YouTubes, I’m going to check out a few more vids.

Stay the trail!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior