2021 F150 Tremor - updated build and price now available.

Watt maker

I see the ram dealers nearby me having constant new stock. The local ford dealers have having trouble getting trucks and instantly sell what they got. I have a friend that owns a local large gm dealership, he told me he cannot get any new stock, or can occasionally get only a couple vehicles. He told me gm is dealing with the ripple effect of the UAW strike, COVID shutdowns and supply issues, gm cancelled goverment sales for 2021 and 2022 models... that is a huge deal, with allot of lost sales. I ordered a new Ford police utility vehicle for work, it was easy to get, standard 8 to 10 week wait. I think ford and Chrysler are fairing better than gm during this mess.

Same here in NM. The ford dealers have plenty of disposable little cars both new and used, several f150’s with the usual copy and paste typical dealership stock order trucks, no supercrew 6.5’ beds or anything really interesting, maybe one or two superduty trucks like the f150’s. The dodge and jeep dealers seem to have plenty of stock with the exception of heavy duty trucks. Plenty of ram 1500’s though. The gm dealers are pretty bare though. Several dozen disposable cars, no camaros or vettes in sight and just a couple 1500 trucks now and then, a hd truck shows up now and then and it‘s gone in a day or two. Looking at online inventory for gm and ford trucks, damn near everything posted shows “in transit” which I’m guessing means it might be built, might not be yet. I’m driving my current truck less and even more cautious nowadays because if something happens to it, I might be without a truck for quite a while or settle for something I don’t really like.

Jacobm

I just talked with my mechanic and he says parts are in super short supply, both repair and new car supply. Dealer stock is low with the GMC dealer looking abandoned right now. Prices are through the roof on any halfway decent used truck, though new F150s seem to be going for several grand under sticker still. Ram dealer seems to have reasonable supply. I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with their drivetrains and other components being fairly established by now and perhaps having more stock on hand. My mechanic said A/C compressors and other parts are super hard to find at the moment because the manufacturers can't get any parts to build them. I'm very glad that I have my truck and don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

Jacobm

I stopped by the local dealer this week. They typically keep about 100 F150s in stock, but currently they have 4, and they weren't optioned very well. They have no estimate of when they might be getting more. I'm thinking I'll keep my Yukon until they stop making gas for it, but I'm very tempted by the electric F150 as a daily driver in a couple years.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Gotta wait until they come back out with employee pricing..... if they ever do again....

That's really not that bad though. A 301a Supercrew with Max tow and the payload package (also added on board scales) was just about 62K.....

Grassland

I'll build my own, less nice looking one for less.
Was thinking Falcon adjustable shocks, new leaf pack. RCI skids.
Ford won't offer any Supercab trucks so can't give them my money.

skrypj

Im not buying another 3.5L Ecoboost until they fix the cooling system. I don't know if anyone saw but Andre on TFLTruck got his 2021 Powerboost so hot that he put it in Thermal Protection Mode. Thats been the story of my life the last 4 season towing my 5500 lb trailer around Utah, ID, and WY with mine. First time I ever towed my trailer I hit thermal protection mode in ID on I-15 south.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Im not buying another 3.5L Ecoboost until they fix the cooling system. I don't know if anyone saw but Andre on TFLTruck got his 2021 Powerboost so hot that he put it in Thermal Protection Mode. Thats been the story of my life the last 4 season towing my 5500 lb trailer around Utah, ID, and WY with mine. First time I ever towed my trailer I hit thermal protection mode in ID on I-15 south.

With a 5,500 lb trailer? Yikes. What kind of trailer are you hauling? Is that the wet or dry weight?

I'm not familiar with those areas. Are they quite hilly?

skrypj

With a 5,500 lb trailer? Yikes. What kind of trailer are you hauling? Is that the wet or dry weight?

I'm not familiar with those areas. Are they quite hilly?

5500 lb GVWR Travel Trailer. Jayfeather X213. My truck's empty weight is literally 700 lbs more than the GVWR of the trailer. This truck cat scaled at 6140 lbs with nothing in it, no topper, and a full tank of fuel.

F150.jpg

Yes. Hills(mountains?), hot, windy and high elevation. Last year I towed from the Wind River Range in Wyoming back to my house near Park City, Utah and it was 98F, 30mph headwinds, and the entire trip was between 6500 and 8000' of elevation. I literally could not go faster than 55mph without the engine coolant temps going above 230F. The temp gauge on the dash starts to move at 231. At that point the truck had an upgraded intercooler, upgraded transmission cooler, was running 40% anti-freeze/60% DI water, 180F thermostat, Redline Water Wetter, and an external oil cooler. I just added a Mishimoto radiator and I am done at this point. If the radiator does not fix the issue then I will upgrade to a Tundra or F250/350 with the 7.3L.

I have also warped my exhaust manifolds twice. That is not an issue for the second gen 3.5L(2017+) as they were fully redesigned, but it is a huge issue on the 1st gen(2011-2016)

phsycle

Adventurer
5500 lb GVWR Travel Trailer. Jayfeather X213. My truck's empty weight is literally 700 lbs more than the GVWR of the trailer. This truck cat scaled at 6140 lbs with nothing in it, no topper, and a full tank of fuel.

View attachment 669067

Yes. Hills(mountains?), hot, windy and high elevation. Last year I towed from the Wind River Range in Wyoming back to my house near Park City, Utah and it was 98F, 30mph headwinds, and the entire trip was between 6500 and 8000' of elevation. I literally could not go faster than 55mph without the engine coolant temps going above 230F. The temp gauge on the dash starts to move at 231. At that point the truck had an upgraded intercooler, upgraded transmission cooler, was running 40% anti-freeze/60% DI water, 180F thermostat, Redline Water Wetter, and an external oil cooler. I just added a Mishimoto radiator and I am done at this point. If the radiator does not fix the issue then I will upgrade to a Tundra or F250/350 with the 7.3L.

I have also warped my exhaust manifolds twice. That is not an issue for the second gen 3.5L(2017+) as they were fully redesigned, but it is a huge issue on the 1st gen(2011-2016)

Sorry to hear about your issues. Although Parley’s is a steep canyon, Ecoboost should have no issues with it. My old 2015 had no issues pulling my 5k lb enclosed trailer up and down that pass.

In fact, last weekend, took my father in law’s 2018 3.5EB F150 down south (Bryce). Few steep hills and hot weather (although cooler than the week before) but no issues. It pulled the 6x14 enclosed like a champ. Crappy MPG, though, due to the winds.

D

Deleted member 9101

The problem with the TFL video is they pushed the truck to hard for the conditions. Had they driven it properly it never would have happened.

The 2.7 in my F150 and the 3.5 in my dad's Navigator have never even comes close to getting hot while towing and both of us have towed heavier trailers than you with zero issue.

As for your truck you have a few options:

1. Slow down and drop a gear or two. More RMPs means less boost, which means much less heat. If you have the digital dash you can use Foracan to put the actual temp over the temp gauge. If you down shift and let the RPMs climb you will see the temps drop quickly. This will also use less fuel.

If you don't want to do #1:

2. Get a Fullrace or Mishimoto radiator... They keep 600+whp trucks cool all day long.

3. Drop in a 180° thermostat from the Mustang GT and get a "tow tune" that adjust the fan start temp to match the lower temp thermostat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grassland

The problem with the TFL video is they pushed the truck to hard for the conditions. Had they driven it properly it never would have happened.

The 2.7 in my F150 and the 3.5 in my dad's Navigator have never even comes close to getting hot while towing and both of us have towed heavier trailers than you with zero issue.

As for your truck you have a few options:

1. Slow down and drop a gear or two. More RMPs means less boost, which means much less heat. If you have the digital dash you can use Foracan to put the actual temp over the temp gauge. If you down shift and let the RPMs climb you will see the temps drop quickly. This will also use less fuel.

If you don't want to do #1:

2. Get a Fullrace or Mishimoto radiator... They keep 600+whp trucks cool all day long.

3. Drop in a 180° thermostat from the Mustang GT and get a "tow tune" that adjust the fan start temp to match the lower temp thermostat.

Re read his post man.
I don't want to be a ******** but he has a 180° stat and upgraded intercooler and an aux oil cooler.

And as a Canadian I can even say those temps he towed at aren't hot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior