2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
5e8d749891ff35762f183fd5dcc58530.jpg

Almost as much traffic as the I5 around 330 pm.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Tell me about it. Traffic is getting worse and worse too. We got spoiled with no traffic because of COVID

I missed most of the prime COVID traffic (or lack thereof) unfortunately. I notice most of the traffic happens from those super short on ramps that merge within 3(?) car lengths. It creates a ton of traffic in those right lines.

I take the stand whenever go down to IB, or ever some areas of Chula Vista.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
704dbec32d3c261d7953d3e534ab0532.jpg

Took my dog to fiesta island not wanting to get my truck dirty but then couldn’t not hit the mud. Just did the corners of the mud because I hate taking all the time to wash it off. Immediately regretted it and my dog wasn’t a fan either because his head was out the window.

He then proceeded to drink the disgusting bay water and threw up on the way home. I’ll spare you the pic I took but my weather tech mats saved the day.

Haven’t done much to my truck lately. Still looking at some type of tuner to help my shifting and MPG with 35s.

Wife and I are expecting a baby girl, In escrow on a new house and my priority is getting my scout back up and running before summer and my baby girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 9101

Haven’t done much to my truck lately. Still looking at some type of tuner to help my shifting and MPG with 35s.

Shifting you can take care of pretty easily with Forscan buy changing the tire size. It will also correct your speedometer.

Tuning is a Pandora's box...lol. It can help with your fuel economy....buuut if you take advantage of the extra HP/TQ your MPG will drop even more. ;-)

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Shifting you can take care of pretty easily with Forscan buy changing the tire size. It will also correct your speedometer.

Tuning is a Pandora's box...lol. It can help with your fuel economy....buuut if you take advantage of the extra HP/TQ your MPG will drop even more. ;-)
Can you tell me more about Forscan? I've seen a few on the internet...are there any specific companies I should go with or anything special to look for?

Grassland

Forscan is a software that you can use to modify certain parameters in the OEM control modules.
A tuner is usually specific to power train changes like timing, fuel, shift points etc.
Using forscan to adjust tire size to correct Odometer and get the transmission to shift properly isn't something that would likely get you trouble from the Stealership.
Bring in a tuned truck without reloading factory tune however could open up trouble.

I'm using am SCT X4 but, as many here would tell you, I'm foolishly using an off the shelf or "canned" tune. Which is at best mediocrity.
With a tuner and a dyno you can get customized tunes, or even data log with the tuner and use the information to get customized tunes and get a lot more out of the vehicle.

An example is 3.7 cyclone Mustangs. A couple bolt ons and an aggressive tune can add 30 HP to the wheels.
A poor tune and the same bolt ons can see 10-15 HP

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I really really love going to the desert in winter and spring. And the fact it’s a 2 hour drive makes it so much better. Endless acreage of beauty.

Spent this past weekend in Borrego Springs for my mother in laws birthday. We did the whole overlanding and camping thing the real way by staying at a hotel. It was great.

While the ladies got their massages I took my brother in law out as he’d never been off-road before. Took him to coyote canyon, Borrego mountain wash and through ocotillo. I think I sparked something because not he wants to lift his ranger.

Not many pics but here’s a few!

1e9ba8d6e80eb800dd91080af5a9fe31.jpg

bebeac06050a2c2951898e402e1d78fb.jpg

558c0ad0cfb9852e7477ad619fde13e4.jpg

36c212094afa3f789f6446a10eb23731.jpg

NoTraxx

Good looking truck and looking like you have a good time with it.
Forscan helped me as well on setting the tire size. I had to make adjustments to the tire size a few times to get it right. I am now with in .5mph GPS verified. Shifting had to relearn but is improved and my fuel milage gauge is now more accurate.
Made some lighting changes as well.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Good looking truck and looking like you have a good time with it.
Forscan helped me as well on setting the tire size. I had to make adjustments to the tire size a few times to get it right. I am now with in .5mph GPS verified. Shifting had to relearn but is improved and my fuel milage gauge is now more accurate.
Made some lighting changes as well.

Appreciate it! I do love this truck and I love the STX package- It has everything you need without all the extras. I do wish it had the selectable locker tho... My next project is adding some lights. I dont need more lights but the look awesome so why not. Thinking some baja designs fogs and some unnecessary but sexy ditch lights.

I've been slowing doing my homework on forscan. I think I am going to go that route as I don't think I need anything special like a tuner or programmer etc.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Truck played double duty last weekend. Towed my long time project scout to my sisters house while my wife and I move to our new house down the street and sell our current house etc.

Truck did just ok towing, it was a heavy load and I had the tow/haul mode on which made it better. I’m used to towing with an excursion and the difference in platform is very noticeable.

For those that care, the scout is a 1969 800 with the SR2 package. Bought this baby when I was 15 for $1200 and have been tinkering and upgrading for the last 15 years. Just finished a power steering swap from a travelall and am working on putting in a rear tank and deleting the saddle tanks.

98369989321f1c7bbff55b11c6b91505.jpg

a23bcb706f0049c843a849576dd14b97.jpg

Also found this GEM in a field when I was Turkey Hunting. Found the owner and took it off his hands. 1982 Scrambler with absolutely ZERO rust other than a little bit of surface rust on the hood. All original (minus the paint), not even a dent or scrape. Bought from original owner and it came with tons of extra parts and a bankers box full of every receipt possible and a log book of every fill up and est MPG. There’s docs from an engine replacement at 340k Miles but since the body is so legit I’m thinking it was towed behind something. The shape it is in doesn’t equate the high mileage. Quite an amazing find and pretty dang rare. Still in the honeymoon phase with the lady! Hopefully this will be the one i actually paint and semi restore and keep it as is.
4c9e565c4c9c068a2fcae60717f0bb01.jpg

eb88989e86cce1d59f484992e99d17b2.jpg

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Looks good, you're on 35's? Do you know what your gear ratio is? What MPG are you getting with that setup?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Looks good, you're on 35's? Do you know what your gear ratio is? What MPG are you getting with that setup?
Thanks!

Yes, I am on 35's. Fits by about an 1/8 inch. 99% sure the gear ratio I have is 3.31 and I am getting 13MPG right now with the 5.0 engine.

i was getting 17MPG prior the the tires so have been looking into FORSCAN to correct the shifting because it's not right and bothers me how much it bogs down.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Thanks!

Yes, I am on 35's. Fits by about an 1/8 inch. 99% sure the gear ratio I have is 3.31 and I am getting 13MPG right now with the 5.0 engine.

i was getting 17MPG prior the the tires so have been looking into FORSCAN to correct the shifting because it's not right and bothers me how much it bogs down.
Lol, that sounds bad until I remember it’s the same MPG my stock 2500 gasser gets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles