SOLD

Bigly

Wannabe
I have no dog in this hunt but I have to say this is and eye catcher. My wife and I were driving back from St. George on Tuesday and you can see this camper at a storage unit off the 15 and my wife said...."WE NEED THAT!!!!!" GLWS beautiful rig.

Geez Wesel... sounds like you better buy it. Happy wife, happy life.

Tim RR

I have no dog in this hunt but I have to say this is and eye catcher. My wife and I were driving back from St. George on Tuesday and you can see this camper at a storage unit off the 15 and my wife said...."WE NEED THAT!!!!!" GLWS beautiful rig.

Thank you very much!

Gjhigso

Thank you very much!
Your rig is awsome. How does it compare to units made by gxp in Springfield, MO.? Also, the ac unit on the back looks like a wall unit. Is that a good setup? What is your builder experience to put a rig like yours together?

Tim RR

Your rig is awsome. How does it compare to units made by gxp in Springfield, MO.? Also, the ac unit on the back looks like a wall unit. Is that a good setup? What is your builder experience to put a rig like yours together?

Thank you.

Based on GXV’s spec lists and images I would say there are quite a few similarities but I’ve never had the chance to dig around in one of them. In fact, from what is available online, I would venture to say that most manufactures of these large overland rigs share similar designs and features.

The HVAC unit on this rig has been awesome. Ultra quiet, very efficient but most importantly it works great. We run it through the summer nearly 24/7 (except when driving). It is so nice to come back to a dry, cool and comfortable rig after playing under the sun.

Regarding my experience, I’m an engineer with a passion for building things and I learn every chance I get. I enjoyed building this truck immensely, loved the company I had in doing it and how the community is always enthusiastic to chip in.

Last edited:

fotojoh

Hi, Tim, a few quesrions:
1. Is the rig currently in St. George?
2. I see the engine only has 2450 hours on it. Was it replaced or rebuilt or is that the amount of hours typical for the mileage?
3. Is there a pass through portal between the cab and habitat?
4. Do you have a floor plan you can share? Itis a bit hard to exactly tell what the layout is.
5. What kind of fuel mileage does this get?
6. Did you get off-road much? How does it do? I see the rig is 22,000 lbs. Ever have any problems with that much weight off the pavement?
Thank you.

Tim RR

Hi, Tim, a few quesrions:
1. Is the rig currently in St. George?
2. I see the engine only has 2450 hours on it. Was it replaced or rebuilt or is that the amount of hours typical for the mileage?
3. Is there a pass through portal between the cab and habitat?
4. Do you have a floor plan you can share? Itis a bit hard to exactly tell what the layout is.
5. What kind of fuel mileage does this get?
6. Did you get off-road much? How does it do? I see the rig is 22,000 lbs. Ever have any problems with that much weight off the pavement?
Thank you.

Hi Joe,

I sent you a direct message as well. Thank you for your questions.

1. The truck is in St George....want to come take a look?
2. The engine is original and the mileage and hours are exceptionally low. There is no PTO installed so no hard idle hours ?.
3.There is a large pass through between the living area and truck cab. In fact, we use it 99% of the time to enter the habitat. It is super convenient, plus the cab makes an awesome mud room.
4. Sorry I do not have a drawing of the layout but happy to show it to you.
5. It depends on the driver, load and terrain but typically around 7-8mpg. I might have a little bit of a heavy foot.
6. We took it off pavement almost daily. Nothing crazy but certainly took it places most people wouldn’t pull a trailer or drive a motor home. No issues with the weight but we always exercised good judgement ?

Reactions: mog

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
They are LiFeBlue brand. They have been great ?

Thanks. Yeah, I have ONE LifeBlue 300ah and love it. Just went to buy 2 more and they changed the designs a bit and it won’t fit in my battery area without modifications.

I may end up making the modifications though to fit them, as I’ve been very impressed with the one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles