The Unnamed - 2019 Ram Power Wagon Build

St8ton

I have been considering the airlift bags paired with daystar cradles for my 2020 PW. Was this direct bolt-on or did it requires some drilling?
You'll need to drill the lower perch for the Daystar Cradle. One bolt is all that is needed. Everything else is bolt on.

BuckinghamBuilt

You'll need to drill the lower perch for the Daystar Cradle. One bolt is all that is needed. Everything else is bolt on.

Thanks. I'm in the process of purchasing a travel trailer (around 6K gross weight) so I'll see how much droop I get. Also, I'll be making a purchase over at Bullet Point mounting solutions. Glad someone came up with a solution for 5th gen RAMs as I was about to go with Proclip.

RCP

Thanks. I'm in the process of purchasing a travel trailer (around 6K gross weight) so I'll see how much droop I get. Also, I'll be making a purchase over at Bullet Point mounting solutions. Glad someone came up with a solution for 5th gen RAMs as I was about to go with Proclip.

I've got a 2018 Power Wagon that I tow with regularly. Trailer is an OutdoorRV 23kts with a dry weight of 6395lbs according to the mfgr. Truck sits quite level when towing, even when loaded. I have considered adding bags to the rear but after about two years of towing the trailer around I still haven't felt the need. These pictures are from Mar 2019, truck now has AEV Salta wheels and 35's. Other than terrible gas mileage the truck tows just fine and your 2020 with the 8 speed should do even better.

IMG_20190304_174210.jpgIMG_20190304_121232_01_01.jpg

St8ton

Couple more updates to the build thread:

Added another HardKorr light to the rear tailgate hatch. 39" bar fit perfect on the RSI Smartcap.

tfiuBYPl.jpg
FXT6g54l.jpg

Did a little winter camping with the Runaway Camper.

9LvIhYjl.jpg

UpkIZynl.jpg

Got to test out my homemade battery box along side the Traeger Ranger. It was a great success!
We had smoked chicken tacos one night and a smoke pork tenderloin the next.

hdo40xPl.jpg

St8ton

New RTT added. Went with the tested and proven AluCab Gen 3.1
The improvements made to an already great tent pushed me in this direction.
New rear awning design with ventilation, included side deployed/stowed awning, 3D mesh anti-condensation mat, and double wide rung'd telescoping ladder were great improvements.

VpprNa9.jpg

vJaG2OA.jpg

gOnvIGI.jpg

nater

Adventurer
@St8ton With the 1.5" front springs, and the rear 1" spacer - are you level without the airbags, or do you need them to be level? We have very similar set ups (decked drawers, RSI cap), and rear spring choices are driving me crazy.

@St8ton With the 1.5" front springs, and the rear 1" spacer - are you level without the airbags, or do you need them to be level? We have very similar set ups (decked drawers, RSI cap), and rear spring choices are driving me crazy.

Curious about this as well, as I have the in between setup from both of you (RLD cap, decked drawers).

jupp0r

Same here (SnugTop Rebel cap and slightly heavier roof top tent though). I'm about to pull the trigger on a Thuren setup and am split between 0.5" coils up front / OEM springs back or 1.5" up front and a 1" spacer. I'm wondering how the ride is affected by the spacer....

St8ton

I was level without the airbags with the 1.5" Front Thurens and 1" Rear Spacer and Stock Rear Springs. I bagged it to account for towing, adjusting to different loadouts and customizing ride quality. You'll be nose high if you do not do the rear spacer....but if you add the bags you can adjust for that (ride quality may be compromised)...or add the bags (run minimal pressure <5psi>) and adjust as needed.

Same here (SnugTop Rebel cap and slightly heavier roof top tent though). I'm about to pull the trigger on a Thuren setup and am split between 0.5" coils up front / OEM springs back or 1.5" up front and a 1" spacer. I'm wondering how the ride is affected by the spacer....

nater

Adventurer
I was level without the airbags with the 1.5" Front Thurens and 1" Rear Spacer and Stock Rear Springs. I bagged it to account for towing, adjusting to different loadouts and customizing ride quality. You'll be nose high if you do not do the rear spacer....but if you add the bags you can adjust for that (ride quality may be compromised)...or add the bags (run minimal pressure <5psi>) and adjust as needed.

Thank you sir!

St8ton

In the quest for the most comfortable sleep added the Exped MegaMat Pro Duo that I had laying on a garage shelf. It allows for even more bedding to remain in tent when closed and is very comfortable. As you may be able to tell, from the photos, the mattress is a little shorter than the tent length. Not a problem, it actually leaves a good area for placing a drink or belongings.

ykPO1a5l.jpg

ndcToA1l.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94