Shocks/Lift for 2006 Silverado 1500 and Arb Bumper

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Looking for recommendations on what to do. Just picked up a new to me 2006 Silverado 1500 and want to do a mild adventure build. Mostly forest roads and getting off the beaten path to better trails and fishing.

Previous owner had put the 2" RC leveling kit on, didn't like the way it rode so removed it but left the RC shocks in place.

My main concern with an upgraded suspension is I want to put on an Arb front bumper due to being in elk country. I've had issues in the past with aftermarket bumpers and the suspension not being able to hold up the weight of the bumper; specifically my FJ and fox shocks. Once they were changed out to Icons I had no issues. Nor did I have issues with an Arb and Icons on my 4runner. But no Icons for the Silverado.

I don't want to drop a ton on a lift kit just to have it back to sagging once the bumper is on. I'm looking for 2-4" of lift and fitting 33"s. Any suggestions?

2006 is tough. There aren't too many options until you get into 2007+. I've had the same experience as you have with Fox. Icon is a solid choice. Have you tried contacting them? Maybe they will make you something.

Either way, I would build it out the way you plan to run it, including bumper of course, before springing for suspension/shocks, etc..

blacklbzbeauty

BDS makes a kit for your 1500. Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for.
I would call/email whomever you are considering and let them know what your needs are before ordering a suspension package that does not fit the bill.

Jacobm

I know torsion bar ratings get messy on the GMT800s, but you might be able to pair some uprated bars with some leveling keys and fit 33's. Maybe find some bars out of the 1500HD? The added weight of the bumper should cancel out the stiffer bars to some extent.

toastyjosh

Adventurer
You want this Kit for the coil overs.
the guy that owns atomic can help you choose the right spring weight to compensate for your bumper and winch.

Or you can buy the brackets and find a your own set of coilovers.

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
You want this Kit for the coil overs.
the guy that owns atomic can help you choose the right spring weight to compensate for your bumper and winch.

Or you can buy the brackets and find a your own set of coilovers.

Thank you! This is great!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94