Project "Autonomous" F-350

BLOOSE

I love your build and adventure documentation. It took me a few weeks but I have finally finished reading the entire thread. Keep up the good work.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I love your build and adventure documentation. It took me a few weeks but I have finally finished reading the entire thread. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Unfortunately I've been chained to my desk for too long working on the magazine. I haven't even shot a race for months. I had a free day 2 weeks ago so I decided to mount up some tires to my beadlocks. I got three tires swapped, and went to put the 2 newest ones on the front of the F350. The last lug nut I tightened snapped, so I had to pull the front hubs to replace the wheel studs. Good thing it happened in the driveway, and not on the road. The shanks on the front had rusted right where they go through the rotor. I got it all back together with fresh grease in the hubs when I noticed the right rear caliper was leaking. :poop: The parking brake on the Eldorado calipers never worked well so I ordered new GM calipers without the parking brake. I have to figure out an alternative since my truck is a manual. The only thing I can think of is a parking brake attached to the driveshaft. Most people mount to the trans/transfer case yoke but mine's a slip joint. The rear pinion is too vulnerable in my opinion so it leaves one alternative; mount it by the carrier bearing. Anyone care to opine?

Pinion mount
e brake-2.jpg

Carrier bearing
carrier bearing.jpg

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
They make ones that mount off the back of the T-case. There are even factory ones if you like heavy drums.
The factory brakes are for 2 wheel drive. They mount to the back of the transmission, not the transfer case. They are around 1K used. Too expensive if I have to make many modifications to get it to work.

0905or_13_z+knowledge_about_overdrives+parking_brake.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94