Gaia...Got To Be Kidding Me!

dms1

Explorer
I test made a route with 10 different layers and I don't get what is stopping you. You can definitely argue that it is making it more transparent than it should, or the user should be able to configure it but the waypoints are still visible and if you turn on the labels even more so.

But why dim them at all? They are right there until you click the "Create Route" button and the basically disappear.

Gaia.gif

Last edited:

roving1

But why dim them at all? They are right there until you click the "Creat Route" button and the basically disapear.

I would be fine with that. I think they are prioritizing the route but since the route fills itself in as you go it probably isn't needed. I am all for changing it/getting rid of it.

But they are not invisible, not even close, and it doesn't stop me from doing anything. It literally added zero time to any route I made so acting like it ruined all my waypoints is a bit much.

dms1

Explorer
I would be fine with that. I think they are prioritizing the route but since the route fills itself in as you go it probably isn't needed. I am all for changing it/getting rid of it.

But they are not invisible, not even close, and it doesn't stop me from doing anything. It literally added zero time to any route I made so acting like it ruined all my waypoints is a bit much.

Well, some customers don't like that feature, so maybe they should consider changing it, but then again, we could just start using some other app.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Oh I see, I think you left out a critical detail. You are using the website. I just use the app. I don’t think the issue occurs on the app.

pluton

Adventurer
Are you guys still able to use Gaia via the website?
On the Mac platform, my experience has been that within a few months of Apple moving to a new edition of the OS, GaiaGPS.com ceases to display maps using the previous iteration of the OS, and Firefox must be used to get the GaiaGPS website to display maps. 99.9% of websites work fine with my old laptop from 2009 that's stuck in an OS from about 2015, but not GaiaGPS. Their one big annoying "feature".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles