Land Rover VIN look up?? Topix, VINDECODERZ Not working ??

Hi All,

My 05 Lr3 HD got sideswipped last week so I have been looking for a replacement, probably a 2012+ LR4. I had been able to use VINDECODERZ.com to look up the build sheets for the options I'm hoping for (HD package, Vision Assist, maybe LUX) and it was working fine, but today it will only give info on older cars, so far pre-2014. I tried to use TOPIX but it gives even less info now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DiscoNels

Adventurer
My experience is vindecoderz only showed detailed information for LR3's not LR4's. Or, if I'm not remembering correctly, it was hit and miss with LR4's.

TOUGE

My experience is vindecoderz only showed detailed information for LR3's not LR4's. Or, if I'm not remembering correctly, it was hit and miss with LR4's.

Vindecoderz worked when I was looking for a LR4 with HD pack about 1.5 years ago. It correctly said the car I now currently own had the HD pack. It would only let me do like 10-15 checks in a row then not give me any info, I would try again 10-12 hours later and it would work again.

I just tested it with the vin off my 2012 LR4 and does correctly says I have the HD pack. I did have to have to correct model selected eg https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Land Rover/LR4

mmbirtcher

Observer
It stopped working for me right when I bought an LR4 a few months ago. I had looked up a bunch prior without issue, then it would never give me the build on mine (although mine is an oddball HSE with the Windsor “Lux” leather).

gatorgrizz27

The only conclusive thing I’ve seen on the 4’s is that the HD package now includes the 2-speed transfer case as well as the rear locker and full sized spare. That switch might be visible on interior photos. My dad’s 15 was an HSE lux and had the HD package.

FWIW I have taken my LR3 non-hd through some horrific stuff (not rock crawling though), and the lack of a rear locker hasn’t been problematic at all given the traction control. I’m not saying there isn’t a difference, just that there seems to be a compulsive desire on here for the “HD package” when 99% of people would never know the difference.

You might be one of the 1% obviously, for me the lack of a low range would be the bigger issue. If it’s the case with them only coming together, I probably would seek out one with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles