An ECOBOOST Family Overland F-150 FX4

D

Deleted member 9101

Nice ride, and can appreciate your situation.

From the pic, it appears you have 1 inch of room F150 roof bars to door strike? But for future mods, a 1-inch taller tire will net only 1/2 inch raise in overall ride height (front & rear), and Bilstein makes pre-install adjustable F150 5100 shocks ($250-300 for fronts) that can raise the nose 1 inch, 2 inch, etc. and since that is only in the front, the rise to your roof-rack in the rear will be minimal...

If you have factory/extended warranty, just be cautious with tunes as depending on dealership/Service Manager it can be problematic. YMMV...

Keep us posted ~!!

I have the 5100s on my F150 and they ride really nice.

I also run 33" tires and they fit with no problems.

Drewnobi

Nice ride, and can appreciate your situation.

From the pic, it appears you have 1 inch of room F150 roof bars to door strike? But for future mods, a 1-inch taller tire will net only 1/2 inch raise in overall ride height (front & rear), and Bilstein makes pre-install adjustable F150 5100 shocks ($250-300 for fronts) that can raise the nose 1 inch, 2 inch, etc. and since that is only in the front, the rise to your roof-rack in the rear will be minimal...

If you have factory/extended warranty, just be cautious with tunes as depending on dealership/Service Manager it can be problematic. YMMV...

Keep us posted ~!!

I think I have a smidge more that 1". I'm hoping for a level and 34's and still being able to fit with the bars.

D

Deleted member 9101

I think I have a smidge more that 1". I'm hoping for a level and 34's and still being able to fit with the bars.

They "should" fit. A lot depends on the rim offset.

You can also spread the crash bars or flip the front ones over to get more room.

Drewnobi

I added a couple of goodies:

Husky MudFlaps:
IMG_4642.jpg

These are great but Husky messed up my initial order so I had to wait for these and then they didn't send the hardware for the rear flaps. I can appreciate that retailers are overwhelmed right now but...I'd be more upset if the product wasn't great.

Bedrug XLT mat:
IMG_4597.jpg

I'm hoping this helps keeps the dust out. It's a lot lighter than I thought it would be but I think it will work great with the build out I'm planning in the back.

Here is some inspiration for what I'm planning:
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 10.58.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.32.58 PM.jpg

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Concerning tire size question above- we have '20 F-150 CCSB EB 3.5 w/ level kit spacer for now, likely go ICON after a few miles, Timbren in rear. And running 275/65-20 or 34" (Duratracs) without rubs or issues. Likely move on to 295/65-20 when ICON installed, which go 35-35.5" pending brand/model tire. Have done several 150's over the years, and this tire size as well as 285/75-18 (preferred) is great sweet spot!

Drewnobi

Nothing really to update, but I have a "how it started" picture I touched up a bit after a little drive in the snow.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 3.52.23 PM.jpg

I plan to build out the bed for storage soon. We may get to do a family shakedown trip to Southern Utah mid-February...

This truck also has PITIFUL headlights, I need to upgrade the bulbs. I also found these clean looking light bars I might add: https://www.americantrucks.com/rough-country-f150-dual-10-in-black-series-led-grille-kit-70808.html

Oh, and I had to have the drivers side front wheel bearing replaced, at 36,000 miles, so that's not encouraging. But it's all set now.

D

Deleted member 9101

The easy way to replace the bulbs is to go through your front wheel wells.

I added LED bulbs to my 17 and they made a world of difference.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Nothing really to update, but I have a "how it started" picture I touched up a bit after a little drive in the snow.

View attachment 639066

I plan to build out the bed for storage soon. We may get to do a family shakedown trip to Southern Utah mid-February...

This truck also has PITIFUL headlights, I need to upgrade the bulbs. I also found these clean looking light bars I might add: https://www.americantrucks.com/rough-country-f150-dual-10-in-black-series-led-grille-kit-70808.html

Oh, and I had to have the drivers side front wheel bearing replaced, at 36,000 miles, so that's not encouraging. But it's all set now.

I went with the morimoto 2.0 led on both low and high beams on my 2018 onefitty.
Amazing improvement and very cut off beam pattern they don't blind oncoming traffic.
Very well recommended. I think they are on the 3.0 version now

ITTOG

View attachment 639066

Let me know if you get the light bars and what you think of them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Drewnobi

Put on some new tires: BFG KO2 275/75/18
46B03118-9074-4D87-8FDA-9B806666E1F0.jpg

I looked at all the other tires, ultimately this is what my heart wanted. I had BFGs on my Jeep way back in the day, letters out, grandpa style.

Also started the build in the back. I will add some 1/2" baltic to enclose the vertical walls, I have hatch doors on the top. The platform is for the dogs, I will load the cooler and my chuck box behind that. First trip will be all the way down to Padre Island National Seashore for some remote beach camping over spring break.

IMG_21C360C76767-1.jpeg

There are some build videos on my instagram.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Nicely spec‘d truck. I would recommend Scenic Maps West found in the App Store. One time purchase and no need to predetermine routes prior to travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior