Updated with new revisions

- Added TJM XGS products
- Removed Old Dobinsons kit and added new IMS kit
- Revised Total Chaos Control arms with part numbers

Attachments

• Third Generation Montero aftermarket suspension components - Sheet1.pdf
    105 KB · Views: 35

Zach-P

Anybody know a good option if you don't want any lift but need a spring to handle some extra load in the rear. I see Lovells medium duty springs and I keep seeing OME part number 2910 but technically it is not listed for Gen3 and I can't find what kind of weight it is rated for.

ChrisCosta416

Anybody know a good option if you don't want any lift but need a spring to handle some extra load in the rear. I see Lovells medium duty springs and I keep seeing OME part number 2910 but technically it is not listed for Gen3 and I can't find what kind of weight it is rated for.

How heavy is the load in the rear? If you want to handle a load but not raise the truck - A good option would be Lovells - CRS-91 or King Spring - KCRS-35

Here is the rate for Lovells - https://lusooverland.com/2001-2006-mitsubishi-montero-gen3-coil-springs/

You can find King coil rate on my sheet. In regards to OME - they all lift your truck - the Medium lift coils for the rear are - ARB/OME - 2917

Zach-P

Thanks.
I have a large roof top tent, always either tools or adventure gear in the back and 70% of the time 3 kids. All together i would say that is close to 350 lbs. Some of that would obviously spread to the front but the majority would be supported by the rear. The medium duty Lovells say 130lbs added constant weight and 330lbs max load. Any opinions?
It is beginning to look like I may have to lift if I want to carry that much load.

ChrisCosta416

Thanks.
I have a large roof top tent, always either tools or adventure gear in the back and 70% of the time 3 kids. All together i would say that is close to 350 lbs. Some of that would obviously spread to the front but the majority would be supported by the rear. The medium duty Lovells say 130lbs added constant weight and 330lbs max load. Any opinions?
It is beginning to look like I may have to lift if I want to carry that much load.
Can you get the axles weights of your truck? It would be the best way to determine what you should get

DenTar

Will chime in quickly here: the 2910's do not fit Gen3. I mistakenly bought those and ended up posting here about it (actual post is here). Chris and his terrific spreadsheet steered me towards the 2917's. The rear of my truck was sagging very, very much to begin with so the addition of the 2917's lifted it quite a bit. However, I'm quite happy with the end result as I was looking for some lift anyway. I did not change the front end (other than shocks) but may do so in the future.

Zach-P

Will chime in quickly here: the 2910's do not fit Gen3. I mistakenly bought those and ended up posting here about it (actual post is here). Chris and his terrific spreadsheet steered me towards the 2917's. The rear of my truck was sagging very, very much to begin with so the addition of the 2917's lifted it quite a bit. However, I'm quite happy with the end result as I was looking for some lift anyway. I did not change the front end (other than shocks) but may do so in the future.
What is the height difference between front and back now?

DenTar

What is the height difference between front and back now?

From the ground to the bottom of the fender now measures as follows:
Rear - 36 3/4"
Front - 35 1/4"

I had measured the rear height prior to new shocks and the OME springs and it was at 33 1/2". The truck was sagging badly when I bought it and I thought the shocks would address that. Only saw a slight improvement after I installed those. Went for the springs after that.

Hope this helps.

ChrisCosta416

Looks like ExpoPortal has a new clean way to integrate spreadsheets! Check it out here ya go - pretty up to date, just removed somethings.

Noticed that brake lines were not included in the lift suggestions. Added lift not affect overall travel and length of the lines?

We will be tackling Braided Stainless Lines for 3rd gen owners this Spring.

ChrisCosta416

Noticed that brake lines were not included in the lift suggestions. Added lift not affect overall travel and length of the lines?

We will be tackling Braided Stainless Lines for 3rd gen owners this Spring.

For now anything over 1.5 inches - so King Shocks or a Taller coil plus spacer - would just BARELY require longer brake lines. I have SafeBrake braided lines that are meant for a 45-50mm lift and there is still alot of line left, even on full extension of the suspension.

That being said, I recommend braided lines to anyone regardless of lift because of the braking improvement youll feel! Send me your part numbers when you make em and I will add them to the sheet!

For now anything over 1.5 inches - so King Shocks or a Taller coil plus spacer - would just BARELY require longer brake lines. I have SafeBrake braided lines that are meant for a 45-50mm lift and there is still alot of line left, even on full extension of the suspension.

That being said, I recommend braided lines to anyone regardless of lift because of the braking improvement youll feel! Send me your part numbers when you make em and I will add them to the sheet!
Yea, we would offer them just a hair longer and then options for further extensions if needed. We recommend Braided Stainless Lines as well! Much better improvement over stock rubber and especially if you are running a taller tire on the stock small brakes. Gain performance back and resistance to trail abuse.

Will let you know when we release them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles