Ford Tremor

Trixxx

Biggest "drivetrain" difference between the F250/F350 is different transmission.

Huh? The F250 7.3 and F350 7.3 have the same 10 spd transmission. The F250 6.7 and F350 6.7 have the same 10 spd transmission.

I ‘believe’ you can still get the 6 speed but only with the older 6.2L. I don’t think that engine or transmission is available with the Tremor option..

Trixxx

Here’s my Tremor build:

I’m very happy with it. Even on 37’s I’m still getting 17-18 at interstate speeds. Could easily crack in the low to mid 20’s at lower highway speeds.

I have Carli going on later this month (if it shows up...)

Couldn’t be happier with the set up. As with every vehicle, there are some sacrifices.. We came from a built 2017 4Runner and are very happy with the change.. Had a 2013 6.7 F250 before the 4runner, and it didn‘t take more than a year or so to realize we wish we still had the truck.

To quote myself.. Moved about 80 miles today and followed my movers doing around 65 most the way (with a bit of stop and go traffic and a couple miles in town as well). Averaged 21.5 mpg....

Porkchopexpress

Even though I went with a Lariat Sport, I appreciate the Tremor for what it is. Ford spent millions developing their super duty trucks and the more you modify the suspension and wheels away from stock, the more variables you introduce like fuel economy, raising the center of gravity and component wear. If I ever want to lift the Lariat sport or go bigger on the tires, I will copy the Tremor geometry for peace of mind.

Side note: the dealer missed an option on the truck I ordered so I submitted a new order pushing delivery back another month, (I really want the split bench instead of the fixed center console).

montypower

Adventure Time!
Huh? The F250 7.3 and F350 7.3 have the same 10 spd transmission. The F250 6.7 and F350 6.7 have the same 10 spd transmission.

I ‘believe’ you can still get the 6 speed but only with the older 6.2L. I don’t think that engine or transmission is available with the Tremor option..

I haven't verified but there may be multiple versions of the 10 speed. Similar to the 6 speed. Essentially a HD and less HD version. Haven't confirmed accuracy or what version gets what. May need to talk with a Ford tech as the online info is rather vague

phsycle

Adventurer
I could have sworn I saw a video of a tech who said all F250/350 would get the same 10-speed transmission.

Wiki says: “Ford's 10-speed 10R140 TorqShift automatic transmission is now standard with the diesel and 7.3-liter gasoline engines on the F-250 and all engines on the F-350; the 6-speed is still available, but only in the F-250 with the 6.2-liter engine.”

Porkchopexpress

I haven't verified but there may be multiple versions of the 10 speed. Similar to the 6 speed. Essentially a HD and less HD version. Haven't confirmed accuracy or what version gets what. May need to talk with a Ford tech as the online info is rather vague
It's based on the f150 10 speed. Maybe you read something referring to the super duty 10 speed as a heavy duty version and assumed they were both super duty transmissions? I'm pretty sure there is only one super duty transmission because I saw a video saying they used the same 10 speed on the diesel as the 7.3.

The six speed used identical internal parts except for model year revisions. The only change between models was the number of friction disc inside the torque convertor for lock up.

With the proven durability of the 6 speed the 10 speed is designed similar to the 6 speed. Only thing really different is the transmission case as the bellhousing bolt pattern is different between diesel and gas. I have been able to verify the number of frictions in the torque converter yet but imagine they all are 3 disc.

Grassland

Biggest downside with the Tremor is being limited to the XLT Crew Cab configuration (160" WB). Shorter wheelbase of the extended cab is much nicer to live with unless needing "standard doors" for regular "people hauling" duty. We saved a bunch of money with the XL truck with a few options. Plus, the old engine saved money.

I'm glad Ford is offering the Tremor and it should be a good seller for the majority of new buyers! People like me don't fit in...

I too am less than pleased about forcing a crew cab for the option. At first I didn't think Tremor was even an option in Canada because it didn't list it, but I was building super cabs on the Build and Price feature.
Seems to be something similar for the power boost in the F150, only available on crew cabs.

Trixxx

It's based on the f150 10 speed. Maybe you read something referring to the super duty 10 speed as a heavy duty version and assumed they were both super duty transmissions? I'm pretty sure there is only one super duty transmission because I saw a video saying they used the same 10 speed on the diesel as the 7.3.

From an article I read a while back, the F150 and the Super Duty 10 spd transmissions share insanely few internal components.. You figure that the Super Duty (6.7) has to handle 2-3x the torque of the half ton.. About the only thing they have in common is having 10 Speeds.

Jspeers89

Came from a 2017 raptor to a 21 tremor lariat sport 6.7 diesel. I thought I was gonna miss my raptor but to be honest it was not as hard as I thought. The only thing I miss is the slightly shorter overall length and I give the aggressive look to the raptor as well. I get an mpg of 14-15 mostly city and average 21-22 on slower freeway runs averaging 70-75 mph. Truck is comfortable and doesn't feel like the usual 3/4 ton rig. I chose the tremor package so that I never have to argue for my Ford warranty. I also have a split bench and easily and comfortably carry the family of 6. Tested the 7.3 but it didn't impress me like the diesel did coming from the raptor so that's why I went diesel. Very pleased with the purchase and would do it again.

Attachments

• 20210103_144259.jpg
    20210103_144259.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 23

Jacobm

I too am less than pleased about forcing a crew cab for the option. At first I didn't think Tremor was even an option in Canada because it didn't list it, but I was building super cabs on the Build and Price feature.
Seems to be something similar for the power boost in the F150, only available on crew cabs.

I believe the powerboost is crewcab only because of the space it takes up under the cab along the frame. I'm not sure why it couldn't be extended under an extended cab long box, but that's why it's like that.

Grassland

I believe the powerboost is crewcab only because of the space it takes up under the cab along the frame. I'm not sure why it couldn't be extended under an extended cab long box, but that's why it's like that.
That would make sense.
Too bad, the powerboost might make sense as a fleet vehicle for us, but not if it's a crew cab Short box.

Jacobm

That would make sense.
Too bad, the powerboost might make sense as a fleet vehicle for us, but not if it's a crew cab Short box.

So I did some playing and you can get the 2Kw Powerboost on the extended cab with the 6.5 foot box. The full 7.5Kw or whatever requires the hybrid which needs the crew cab for the hybrid batteries, motor in the trans, etc. I wonder if Ford is only bringing it to those models for packaging reasons, or if they're just aiming for the biggest sellers first and will bring it to lower margin fleet sales later. I can't see Ford not offering it on the Super Duty if they can make it work. I'd imagine the 2022-2024-ish timeframe brings a Super Duty refresh to bring it in line with the F150 features.

Who knows, maybe we'll see a hybrid based on the 7.3 ;)

Also, after I typed all this up I realized PowerBoost =/= ProPower. Whoops.

cobro92

Oh man. A powerboost enabled HD truck would be a game changer. Especially that 7.5kwh version. Inverters aren’t cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Oh man. A powerboost enabled HD truck would be a game changer. Especially that 7.5kwh version. Inverters aren’t cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That actually makes a lot of sense since I would think a lot of contractors etc would be using HD trucks instead of half tons on a job site. Which is kind of what Ford targets their marketing toward, no?

all-new-f-150-017-1593110070.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz