07-09 2500 Dodge Ram parts

Scoutman

Explorer
If you weren't all the way on the west coast I'd be all over that bumper. I've been trying to find one used for my 06 for a long while now and the ARB was in my top 3.

FAVPST

@YEWWWWCAMPER
If you weren't all the way on the west coast I'd be all over that bumper. I've been trying to find one used for my 06 for a long while now and the ARB was in my top 3.
Yeah I’m thinking about changing up the look and putting on a Mercenary Off-road.

airjammer

Observer
I'm willing to take a road trip your direction in a couple of weeks.
Did you need to upgrade the springs to hold up that sweet bumper???

FAVPST

@YEWWWWCAMPER
I'm willing to take a road trip your direction in a couple of weeks.
Did you need to upgrade the springs to hold up that sweet bumper???

Which sweet bumper are you talking about? The front ARB or the rear Aluminess?

If you are talking about the front bumper yes I actually had to replace my entire front axle because I bent the stock 9.25 with the weight of the Cummins, ARB, and Warn. I ended up trussing the new front axle with the Carli truss.

If you're talking about the back. I put an add a leaf but that was to support the camper. The Aluminess rear bumper is surprisingly light weight.

airjammer

Observer
Hi - yeah the front. No s&it?? The housing broke / split? What did you replace with stock and then truss it? So, you recommend trussing up the front end...

FAVPST

@YEWWWWCAMPER
Hi - yeah the front. No s&it?? The housing broke / split? What did you replace with stock and then truss it? So, you recommend trussing up the front end...
Yeah the axle itself bend and I was spewing grease everywhere for months. I replaced it with a new 9.25 and trussed it, re-did everything in the front. Ball joints, U-joints, gears, lockers. I would recommend trussing it with the extra weight up front. I called the guys at CJC Offroad who installed my lift and they said they see people bending the 9.25 the on highway...mind you its Los Angeles and the roads are ********.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles