FJ60 Diesel Campteq Camper Build

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
12v in the back for maybe a fridge... or the Joolca water pump. Still debating on how far to go with a rear buildout.
unBIpsv.jpg

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Also found a Hannibal legless 1.9 mawning which will be better for my solo adventures. Of course I find this after mounting the eezi awn. so I will be Selling a brand new eezi awn 2000 at a definite discount for anyone interested.

altaboy

Observer
I am digging the build. I have reached out to Eric at points about doing a pop top. It is high on the list for future mods on my 100 series. Maybe I could ask a few questions now that you have some miles on the build. Is the wind noise at speed any worse than before? Any additional squeaks or rattles from the pop top? Does it feel like it changed the rigidity of the body when you are in tougher obstacles off road?

As for awnings, one of my favorite awnings I have found so far is the Equipt 2000. It is lighter in weight and it has a spring loaded retracting system for the awning material that makes it super easy to put away. I presently have the Shadow Awn. I probably wouldn't do it again. It is heavy so it can be tough to unmount and the weight is up high. It also isn't height adjustable because it doesn't use poles. Is if the rain is coming in sideways I cannot adjust the angle of the awning at all. Plus the price is quite high.

For a tent, I would go with something with the easy up style that is available now. It makes it a breeze to put up and saves a lot of time. Looks like the RV5 is that. I have thought about one of the Gazelle tents just because they are inexpensive. Plus they are popular so reselling would be easy if I don't like it.
Thinking the same for my 100. Maybe a multi vehicle order to excite Eric?

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Finally settled on a rear camping setup that allows me to maximize space and is easily transportable outside.
-New lightweight RTIC 52. has a freezable divider and dry food storage racks on top. will double as a bench for me in the back with top popped. Fits PERFECTLY behind rear wheel well. When I get my new Gull wing windows will be able to put it all the way against the quarter panel since I can hinge it toward middle of vehicle.
-Across is my storage setup of 2 Zarges K470 boxes. They fit EXACTLY behind the wheel wells as well. Bigger one is for camp supplies and top is the chuck box for cook partner steel stove fits perfect on top and I will eventually get a cutting board/cook partner mount wood topper for it.
-Behind cooler 2x water bricks. Fit almost perfect back there.
-Dry food storage in 30$ green coleman cooler. Its pretty squared off so does a lot better than my old action packer with similar footprint.

With this setup I can sit on cooler and have a table across from me. probably can't cook in there with propane and all but with the 3xm gull wing windows coming I probably can. Well see. What mattered most to me was keeping the center open for all the soft gear, that I throw in North Face bags, for climbing, skiing etc. Then when seat folds flat I can throw those by the rear doors and boom- 2 kids can sleep down there while adults go upstairs :)

BRwJtcP.jpg

lLoWPdC.jpg

ab1985

Explorer
Can you share any info on how you mounted the roof rack? Are you using Front Runner hardware, or did you piece something together yourself?

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Can you share any info on how you mounted the roof rack? Are you using Front Runner hardware, or did you piece something together yourself?

I bought the truck canopy tracks from frontrunner and then a custom sized truck canopy roof rack from them as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles