Drug Dealer?

RR876

What are you going to use to protect the tank?

I have done a lot of off-roading in my 07 RRSC and never hit the transmission or transfer case. I have hit the front subframe many times and the tank. I also use my DIY sliders quite a lot.

The tank under shield is actually very strong and I think a thin steel or stainless plate to help it slid across rocks would be fine and not take away too much ground clearance.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
What are you going to use to protect the tank?

I have done a lot of off-roading in my 07 RRSC and never hit the transmission or transfer case. I have hit the front subframe many times and the tank. I also use my DIY sliders quite a lot.

The tank under shield is actually very strong and I think a thin steel or stainless plate to help it slid across rocks would be fine and not take away too much ground clearance.
I can honestly say I just haven’t gotten that far yet, after I can wrap up the maintenance stuff I plan to tackle the front skid, and I’d really like to get some bumpers done as well, but I’ll make it there at some point I’m sure.

Last edited:

RR876

There’s certainly plenty to do on a truck of this age.

I’m currently servicing the supercharger and taking the opportunity to replace coolant hoses, pulleys, belts and temperature sensor while it’s out. During a routine oil change, I thought that I had dropped something inside the supercharger and so out it came. I was mistaken but I’m performing a lot of preventative maintenance while it’s out.

Tomorrow, I’ll be machining the supercharger snout to take a 10% overdrive pulley. I thought I may as well since it’s out and accessible.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
There’s certainly plenty to do on a truck of this age.

I’m currently servicing the supercharger and taking the opportunity to replace coolant hoses, pulleys, belts and temperature sensor while it’s out. During a routine oil change, I thought that I had dropped something inside the supercharger and so out it came. I was mistaken but I’m performing a lot of preventative maintenance while it’s out.

Tomorrow, I’ll be machining the supercharger snout to take a 10% overdrive pulley. I thought I may as well since it’s out and accessible.

That’s a good plan. I’ve looked at those under drive pulleys, definitely a tempting mod for the gain and price.

spikemd

Explorer
Nice job on your L322. We have a 2010 Supercharged that is mainly a pavement queen but I always think about getting the wife a new truck and kitting her out. Need to sell off a few vehicles first though.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Nice job on your L322. We have a 2010 Supercharged that is mainly a pavement queen but I always think about getting the wife a new truck and kitting her out. Need to sell off a few vehicles first though.
Thank you! It’s definitely a fun rig to use this way.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
So if you’ll remember, about mid summer I kinda sorta busted up the bumper lip on the passenger side and then had managed a bit of a temp fix on it. Well it lasted till last weekend. I went out on a “soft” wheelin run with some friends, nothing wild, just some snow and a couple of random blm play area lines. But as it turns out, at some point unknown to me and everyone around me I busted the whole side off somehow, didn’t notice it till returning home. Crisis control time!
949BC01E-E118-4958-924C-A81D199D57AD.jpeg
First thing I did was remove the other half of the lip, pretty quick and easy, doesn’t look horrible, but it only lasted a day, for some reason the little bit at each side that was hanging down bugged me just enough that I had to do something about it today.
84D92142-F0CA-4DC9-8FF6-1B3858B48F90.jpeg
Trimmed off those bits and everything feels much better in my head now. It also happens to have removed the small corner of the bumper that at certain steering angles the tires would rub on ever so slightly, so hidden bonus really haha

howirolla

Campfire Passport
After an oil change and replacing the belts I finally got another skid plate done up.
B3A447C1-B0D1-4BC2-BD4E-91797DE910B6.jpeg
One more left to do under the radiator and it’s all skidded up.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Was doing more prep for this season’s action to come. Headed out on a trip tomorrow and I had received something in the mail last second, I couldn’t resist getting right to it.
So I’ll start with a little back story, after my coil conversion I can honestly say I am a bit disappointed in the AB 1” coils. They absolutely ride great, better than air if you ask me, especially when off road, my problem with them is they settled much lower than they should have. To the point where they were basically providing me with only a quarter inch of lift in the rear. It’s been bugging me for about a year and I finally got around to doing something about it.
I ended up doing a subframe drop in the rear. Pretty simple honestly. And the results speak for them selves.
2608678D-F86B-4FA4-91EA-6D507D7C1716.jpeg
now in my rushing about to get everything handled and ready to leave tomorrow I absolutely did NOT take pictures before or during the process, so look back in the thread and I’m sure you’ll see the difference as well.
I’ll be sure to get some pictures out on the trip and post up in here when I get back.
Also, I have a set of proud rhino rods that I clearly don’t need anymore, I honestly forgot I still had them on there, so if anyone wants em just let me know, you cover postage and I’ll send em your way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94