***SOLD*** 2017 Turtleback Expedition

cmo5

My wife and I have decided to move up to a 2021 Kimberley Karavan, and so our 2017 Turtleback Expedition needs to find a new home. It has about 8000 miles on it, and has been garage kept when not in use for its entire life. All systems work perfectly, and it is in very good cosmetic condition with only minor scratches/wear consistent with off road use but no functional/structural issues. The tent/awning canvas is in great shape—the rig saw rain when deployed maybe 2-3 times max and it was always allowed to dry out fully before being put away. The trailer has always functioned flawlessly and we have enjoyed it tremendously, but we have decided we want an off road trailer with interior living space to allow more use in the cold weather months.

Our trailer was purchased in early 2017, and was heavily optioned (see below).

We are asking $17,500. Our original purchase price from the factory was over $27,000, and new ones optioned out are north of $35,000.

We are located in southwest CT, and would be happy to show the trailer in person for serious parties. Additionally, I would be willing to deliver the trailer (upon completed sale) within New England or the Mid-Atlantic region, or to meet someone to hand the trailer off within maybe 500 miles of here.

Please don’t hesitate to message or post with any questions of if more information/photos are needed.

Thanks!

Turtleback Expedition Base Features:

• Full Steel Box frame, 3500lb Flexride Rubber Torsion Axle, 10” electric brakes, 265/70-16 BFG K02’s
  • 42 gallons of onboard water storage with water pump, Atwood 6 gallon propane hot water heater, sink, full slide out kitchen, and outdoor shower
  • Over 50 cubic feet of storage
  • Exterior Dimensions (approx): 11’6” L x 6’2” W x 7’ H
  • Weight (approx.): Base 1600 lbs, Wet/equipped without cargo 2500 lbs, GVWR 3500 lbs
Factory Upgrades/Options:

• 23 Zero Rooftop tent with California King sized memory foam mattress
  • 2 x Group 24 Marine AGM batteries with 1600 W inverter
  • 11lb propane tank for onboard systems with spare tank for accessory use (i.e. grill or fire pit)
  • 2 Burner Partner stove upgrade
  • Foxwing Awning
  • Roto-Pax mount with extension brackets (enough to hold 6 Roto-Paxes)
  • Max Coupler Hitch system
  • Pole storage tube
  • Table/chair storage under tent
  • Spare tire as well as extra wheel spindle
  • Custom color (it’s one of the Jeep greys, Anvil I believe but not 100% sure…)
Aftermarket add-ons included in sale:

• Ark XO 750 trailer jack mounted to tongue (makes it much easier to move trailer around, the factory jack is still in place as well)
  • High-Lift All-Cast Jack mounted to the trailer roof rack
  • 50W solar panel fixed mounted to top of the tongue box
  • 2 x 100W flexible solar panels stored in main box to be deployed on site
  • 2 Leapair pop-up tents to use for shower/bathroom
  • Black Trash-A-Roo mounted on the spare tire
  • Leveling Blocks
  • Rotopax containers as pictured

Not included in the sale price but could be added in if desired is an ARB 12v 50 Quart Fridge/Freezer that usually rides in the main storage box.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

k.jpg

m.jpg

o.jpg

z.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics