Dirt Sunrise: Tim and Kelsey get lost...

KMM

Kelsey_DirtSunrise
We know how intimidating borders can be so we put together this quick guide to crossing borders Overland in the Americas with a vehicle. Before we left on our own trip we had trouble finding good information or even where to begin our research, what sort of documents should we be carrying with us? What copies should we have? Do we need visas? So many questions for so many countries! Well here we share our experience, our mistakes, and give you a great place to start your research.
Accompanying Blog Post with more info and links: https://www.dirtsunrise.com/post/overland-border-crossings

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
You had better weather than we did!!

IMG_20181123_1508405.jpgIMG_20181123_1509365.jpg
IMG_20181123_1548539.jpg

That swinging bridge, Kp and I had to detour around a town that had suffered a mudslide, I dont remember where exactly. But the end, was down this steep hill and gnarly trail , we had to ride the moto's across the bridge like that. and there was no time to stop, it was commit or fall. That was a long day of riding, soaked and windy, we ride into the snow line on the detour... Only in Patagonia

With my severe ankle sprain it sucked i only did 1/2-3/4 of the trail. But was still glad to be there, if not throbbing and sore. That ankle still pops every time i rotate it now.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
You had better weather than we did!!

That swinging bridge, Kp and I had to detour around a town that had suffered a mudslide, I dont remember where exactly. But the end, was down this steep hill and gnarly trail , we had to ride the moto's across the bridge like that. and there was no time to stop, it was commit or fall. That was a long day of riding, soaked and windy, we ride into the snow line on the detour... Only in Patagonia

With my severe ankle sprain it sucked i only did 1/2-3/4 of the trail. But was still glad to be there, if not throbbing and sore. That ankle still pops every time i rotate it now.
OUCH! Riding moto with a hurt ankle sucks. I nearly ended up with a fused ankle after landing on the flat overshooting a landing at a track and it still hurts if I jump off a hilariously low ledge while hiking etc. We're all turning into old men. LOL.
The day before was all rain and 2 days after it was back. We didn't realize how lucky we had gotten until we saw how bad the weather was to be!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles