A trailer for the short bus

ajmaudio

Adventurer
An updated wiring diagram, added the rock lights and shuffled around how the lighting is distributed across the 4 channels of the wireless key fobs.

UfCpAb.jpg
Curious what program you drew this in... trying to find a new on I like... Thanks!

jays0n

Adventurer
I believe it was drawn in Visio while I was bored at work one day. I looked and can't seem to find the PDF anywhere :(

jays0n

Adventurer
Now that I have a proper shop to work in I've had some time to look over the trailer and it appears that on the last trip the tires contacted the fender flares in a couple spots and just kissed the fiberglass tub as well. I guess it's time to install some bump stops. I'll put up some pics soon but so far i've picked up some polyurethane stops and ordered some 1/2" aluminum to space them down to the correct height (or what I think is correct). I installed some 3/8-16 stainless nutserts in the frame above the axle and have the stops mounted with stainless hardware like the rest of the trailer is built with. The aluminum should be here tomorrow so if all goes well I'll have the spacers done and installed over the weekend. Hoping to put a trip or two together for this summer but we'll see how things go.Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 12.02.15 PM.png

jays0n

Adventurer
Got them installed and didn't put spacers under them as I had originally thought I would. After I get it out and over some bumps i'll see if they're in the right position. Next is to build some rock rail style protection for the bottom edge of the tub. It's fiberglass and wood so I want to be sure that that exposed edge is protected. It's not likely to be smashed over rocks but branches, etc could certainly hit it. This is something I should have done before the tub was installed and they should be welded as part of the frame but live and learn, they will be bolted on instead.

IMG_5542.jpg

jays0n

Adventurer
I was finally able to spend some time out in the shop this weekend and was able to get the rock rail style protection done on the front edge of the tub. They are bolted to the frame and aren't perfect by any means. They aren't perfectly level or straight but that's fine, just don't look at them too closely, they should do the job just fine :). I had to order more tubing and it should be here by the weekend, then I'll work on the back corner ones as well as a bumper of sorts for the back edge.

While I was at it I decided to make a few more changes. The "chuck box" that I built two summers ago is going to be mounted on locking drawer slides (ordered) and will slide out over the tailgate for use. Moving it to a folding table has been too difficult and when we're staying one night at a time traveling it takes too long to set up. I also ordered a 4' wide ARB awning and will need to figure out how to mount it on the back of the trailer, over the tailgate and chuck box, I'm sure something will come to me when it's in my hand. I would love to get a "bat wing" style awning but they are just too expensive for my taste, this is a much more reasonable solution. This will be nice if you just want to cook under cover and not sit under the awning (the large one on the side). More to come as parts start arriving
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier