Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

roaminglost

Just picked mine up a few days ago! Had a chance to field test it in 30 - 35 degree nights with full rain and snow on my way home (drove from SoCal). Since it was so cold, there was a ton of condensation (roof was especially dripping wet); however, with a dry source of heat (like a diesel heater) and the vents opened up, I think it’ll be fine. I was too cold and lazy to open things up, so it ended up getting wet inside. I originally placed an order for a fan to be installed through Wanderlust Overland, but changed my mind at the last minute since I didn’t like the idea of cutting a hole into the roof. Anyway, it’s an awesome piece of engineering! The wait was long, the drive was longer, but it was worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good on the F150!

TRDProtein

Did anyone here order the RT and got “the call” ? More specifically...did anyone here who ordered the RT in the Launch Edition, with an expected October date, get a second call saying it got delayed till December then got a 3rd call saying “we want to focus on the campers and gonna discontinue the RT, but we’ll still make your RT but we don’t know when we’ll be done, want a refund or you wanna wait?”

I’m not sure how to feel about that. At first cool, at least they’re honest, but now frustrated. why would you market the whole Launch Edition thing tell me two dates and then at the end of it all tell me I’m SOL until whenever...

weird

Interesting... I just noticed on their website that the RT pricing has been removed too. I had no idea they decided to stop making it. I wonder if it’s to slow down production and meet their demand for the X1. Spencer T mentioned to me that they didn’t want to be like GFC and end up so backed up where they’d have to give lead times of over one year. I know the tent has also changed in design. My X1 has a new generation tent that went from three pieces to two. Sucks to hear that they won’t be making the RT right now. I feel your frustration. Maybe you should speak directly with Spencer T about it?

TRDProtein

Interesting... I just noticed on their website that the RT pricing has been removed too. I had no idea they decided to stop making it. I wonder if it’s to slow down production and meet their demand for the X1. Spencer T mentioned to me that they didn’t want to be like GFC and end up so backed up where they’d have to give lead times of over one year. I know the tent has also changed in design. My X1 has a new generation tent that went from three pieces to two. Sucks to hear that they won’t be making the RT right now. I feel your frustration. Maybe you should speak directly with Spencer T about it?

i originally was speaking with Spencer about the RT back in August. His/their CS was the reason why I pulled the trigger. Amongst other things like having a short lead time (originally mid October) and quality compared to GC. After I sent the money, it was harder to get a hold of him so I’ve been speaking to Peter who has been perfect. It’s because of Peter that I decided to wait as he did reassure me that it will get done 1st quarter, same quality, same warranty and will still be treated like part of the SuperPac Team.

I just don’t like that they are now heading towards the GFC lead time route (not quite but looking like it) and what I especially didn’t like was there was no definitive answer..the only definitive answer I got was that they’re done with the RT and focusing on the X1. Which was kind of a slap in the face in a way because why market the whole launch edition pricing— “get it soon and get it at a good price” sorta deal...and then tell them “Nope”

crazysccrmd

Observer
Chances are they will head in the exact same path as GFC. They both started as a small company making a quality product that a lot of people want. Demand is guaranteed to outpace their ability to expand production and delay times will continue to increase.

Extrapale

Anyone have one of these on a current generation Power Wagon?
I was able to talk to Spencer this week. There are 2 Power Wagons in the queue already. I will be making my decision next week after I visit Super Pacific in person. I also need to talk to OVRLND again.

I am leaning towards OVRLND because of the larger space. I really wish all the other manufacturers would scale their sleeping platform for a full size truck.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sunsetsearider

Chances are they will head in the exact same path as GFC. They both started as a small company making a quality product that a lot of people want. Demand is guaranteed to outpace their ability to expand production and delay times will continue to increase.
GFC prices have gone up quite a bit since the introduction as well.

dpspeed

Just picked mine up a few days ago! Had a chance to field test it in 30 - 35 degree nights with full rain and snow on my way home (drove from SoCal). Since it was so cold, there was a ton of condensation (roof was especially dripping wet); however, with a dry source of heat (like a diesel heater) and the vents opened up, I think it’ll be fine. I was too cold and lazy to open things up, so it ended up getting wet inside. I originally placed an order for a fan to be installed through Wanderlust Overland, but changed my mind at the last minute since I didn’t like the idea of cutting a hole into the roof. Anyway, it’s an awesome piece of engineering! The wait was long, the drive was longer, but it was worth it!

That looks SOOOOOO good! I just spoke to Spencer and I'm impressed.

Dang...gotta decide to spend the money and the driiiiiiiiiive from North Carolina...just need to make it a business trip I guess!

My drive from the OC to Portland was rough. I couldn’t imagine doing NC to Portland. Maybe you can talk about getting it shipped. I think they’ve done that with some people.

Huck

I might be right in front of you. Put my deposit down on Monday! Stoked, and I can't get enough of checking them out on instagram and Facebook.

What put you over the top w/r/t OVRLND as your other choice?

Extrapale

They are local. I live less than an hour away.

I wanted the room of the OVRLND, but I was concerned about the aerodynamics. There should be very little wind load with the SP.

I really wanted side doors. Those added up quickly with OVRLND. Also the extruded rails on the SP weighed into it. It is easy and cheap to attach stuff to the inside and outside without drilling or paying a bunch to have it done by the manufacturer. So cost and design was a factor.

Lead time is also a factor. I will be using it hunting primarily. I should have mine by August-ish. OVRLND was 10 months plus a drive to Flagstaff.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Huck

similar reasons I made the same choice. optioning the OVRLND out bumped it up a couple thousand, longer timeline by several months.

another to add on top of all of that: the aesthetics of the super pacific just fit more with a modern truck design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke