1985 FJ60 - Beautiful Condition - on Bring a Trailer

blueridgerider

Hello everyone - new member to the forums. Here because I'm just wanting to make sure that I connect with people in the Land Cruiser world regarding the sale of my sweet, loved FJ60 :(

She is currently up for bid on Bring a Trailer:
V8-Powered 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Of course you can see all the details at the link - but here's the short of it. I'm incredibly sad to have made the decision to sell this vehicle. A lot of love, blood, sweat and tears have gone into this rebuild over the years. But with my role as a new dad and lots more driving - I have made the tough call to part ways in favor of something more modern and ahem - fuel efficient. The body is in amazing shape with a little rust in the rain rails up top and along the bottom near passenger door. Nothing in the wheel wells (again - all shown in the link). I chose to put it on Bring a Trailer because I'm slammed with work - and it's a pretty focused crowd who goes there. I know she'll end in a good home and continue to live a long happy life after finding a buyer there.

Quick Snapshot:
- Bought in Austin, TX in Nov 2014 with 182,456 miles on it
- 2" Iron Man lift with Hankook DynaPro MT 32 x 11.50R15LT tires on black steel rims
- Chevy V8 engine swap - with Advance Adapters Ranger Overdrive and FiTech fuel injection system
- Vehicle body now has 189K (only 3k of which are on the new Chevy V8 swap!)
- Custom bumpers, bull bar, window tint, and Texas barnwood panels in rear cargo
- Gas Tank cleaned and re-lined
- Heat & A/C lines all cleared and running great
- NEW: clutch assembly, alternator, starter, distributor, fuel pump, water pump, power steering bracket, Champion aluminum radiator, muffler, Allen Grove brackets everywhere, thermostat, driver side window regulator, hood spring and latch, and geez so many other little things...

I built this rig up exactly how I wanted it...and never thought I would sell it. But I've sadly made up my mind. So please take a look and give a bid if interested! Otherwise, maybe just help spread the word - give me other suggestions on where to post this - and just wish me luck in finding a good home for "Goldie Hawnk".

Thanks so much
- Eric

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.26 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.26 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.26 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.26 PM copy.jpg
    893.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.31 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.31 PM copy.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.37 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.37 PM copy.jpg
    806.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.46 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.46 PM copy.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.55 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.05.55 PM copy.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.06.00 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.06.00 PM copy.jpg
    808.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.06.04 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.06.04 PM copy.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.06.09 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.06.09 PM copy.jpg
    772.4 KB · Views: 38
D

Deleted member 9101

IMHO: once you chunk the boat anchor that came under the hood from the factory, they are sooooo much better as daily drivers.

blueridgerider

IMHO: once you chunk the boat anchor that came under the hood from the factory, they are sooooo much better as daily drivers.

agreed - and believe me - I've been weighing this decision for the better part of a year. The engine swap was like night and day. Honestly it's been a long journey to get this rig to the status it is now. I loved if every second of it - and I kinda hated every second of it. An something is telling me it's just time to move on...even though I know I'll regret it for a while

Tex68w

Beach Bum
There have been a handful of vehicles that I regretfully sold over the years, most of them classics and/or antiques such as your FJ60. While it hurts to let them go, it sure is nice to be free from their headaches and problems and with the crazy money that this era of vehicles bring these days it's hard not to sell. Move on to something more modern, with better reliability and safety for you and your family, in the end it'll be the better choice. If nothing else you will always have the memories to hold on to, let someone else have the headaches haha. GLWS!

nickw

Adventurer
There have been a handful of vehicles that I regretfully sold over the years, most of them classics and/or antiques such as your FJ60. While it hurts to let them go, it sure is nice to be free from their headaches and problems and with the crazy money that this era of vehicles bring these days it's hard not to sell. Move on to something more modern, with better reliability and safety for you and your family, in the end it'll be the better choice. If nothing else you will always have the memories to hold on to, let someone else have the headaches haha. GLWS!
Wish you were wrong :) I sold a really nice FJ40 8-9 years ago before they brought big money, poor timed decision in hindsight, it was such a COOL rig. There are days I miss it, when the suns out, on a Sunday and I have some free time....it's too easy to forget about maintenance and work it required on my behalf...or on the behalf of a shop $$$. I wouldn't consider it reliable since it was a 40+ year old rig, I couldn't swing by a auto store and get parts, couldn't drop it off at a Toyota dealership and don't have a big shop dedicated to cruisers with lots of spare stuff.

Same can be said for my motos, we had an old IT490 that we restored, I guess the allure and nostalgia can outweigh the reality at times. The newer EFI 4 strokes are so frickin' nice, e-start, no flooding, crazy light, perfect fueling, no smoke, great gas mileage.....I could never go back to the old bikes, or old rigs for that matter. Love the *idea* of a older cruiser with newer drivetrain, but don't personally buy into amateur engineered mixed manuf drivetrains being the ideal in reliability....more workable possibly, better in a number of ways, but they have their fair share of headaches too.

I think from a reliability perspective, the newer rigs can't be beat.....which is why I need a new Bronco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles