Unimog 1300L 435.115 Turbo

exp-martin

Up for sale as a base truck for build-out as an expedition truck, is a very unique Unimog 1300L with an OM352A turbo diesel engine, inline 6 cylinder, 5.7l and 170hp.
The OM352A turbo engines are equipped with a piston dome cooling, in order to compensate the additional load a turbo places on the engine. Unimog itself stands for „Universal-Motor-Gerät“, an allrounder when it comes to off-road activities and capabilities. The 435 Unimog is designed as an 8.5 metric tons truck, about 18,700lbs GVWR. Comparable to other Unimogs, it has a ladder frame, portal axles and coil springs allowing an axle-articulation of up to 30°. Quite impressive! This Unimog 435 is built with a 3,250mm/128” wheelbases. The gearbox is a fully synchronized 8-speed manual gearbox, shift-able between forward and reverse (reversing gear), with lockable differentials. It uses hydraulic power steering and combined air powered - hydraulic brakes. Disk brakes on all wheels. The drive can be switched between two-wheel, all-wheel and all-wheel locked. The driver cabin has a hatch with three different positioning options. This Unimog is in a practically new condition with very extraordinary, rare radiator grille painted in its original color. Also already equipped with a 2x 3-point mount for a subframe, in order to install a cabin on top.

The 435 Unimog was sold to countless armies and fire services in various versions, all over the world. They are very reliable and one of the best, if not the best Off-Road trucks still available.

This one was ordered by a Swiss fire service in Gaggenau, Germany (the original internal order paperwork from Mercedes is avaialble). This is where Mercedes built its Unimogs’. It was put in service in 1984 and its first maintenance was done in November 1984 at 920 km (570miles). The last maintenance was with the Swiss firefighters in March 2015 at 20.935 km (13,000miles). Today the odometer shows 22.200 km (13,600miles). With 20 documented services, there was a maintenance done approx. every 1.000 kilometers (600 miles). That is absolutely amazing history (all maintenance paperwork back to 1984 available).

This 435 Unimog was bought in 2018 from the fire service. The fire service platform was removed, and the chassis, axle, cabin, pneumatics and much more was refurbished. A new exhaust as well as new shocks on the rear axle were installed. All fluids, filters, and v-belts were checked and replaced when necessary. When you glance at the pictures of this Unimog you will realize that the condition is close to new. This is a great base-truck as a basis for an adventurous expedition truck / overlander, with hundreds of thousands of miles to go.

This Unimog is offered at: $66,500.00, including new tires, and can be setup as expedition truck like in the additional picture. More pictures and information upon requetst. I am familiar with Unimogs and should be able to answer your questions. Thanks for watching! Martin - 239-850-3663.
The Unimog 435 comes with an US-title, of couse.

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_9587_Fotor 2000.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Awesome! What's the price?
Anyone interested in a camper body for this Unimog can reach out to me. We have done several.

Attachments

• 93500801_1148966012113214_4523617988900814848_n.jpg
    93500801_1148966012113214_4523617988900814848_n.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG-3488.JPG
    IMG-3488.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 275

exp-martin

Anyone interested in a camper body for this Unimog can reach out to me. We have done several.
Thanks for sharing your RV cabines.
For expedition/overlander usage I would recommend more sophisticated cabines, windows, doors, hatches and very important, heavy duty subframes. Thank you.
Price is $66,500

Attachments

• DSCF7024_Fotor 2000.jpg
    DSCF7024_Fotor 2000.jpg
    846.9 KB · Views: 165
  • fullsizeoutput_df2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_df2.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 153

Victorian

Thanks for sharing your RV cabines.
For expedition/overlander usage I would recommend more sophisticated cabines, windows, doors, hatches and very important, heavy duty subframes. Thank you.
Price is $66,500

We have ~160 expedition truck bodies on the road in North America. Not a single failure or other warranty cases. On top of that, we also have several thousand commercial truck bodies in use around the world. These share the same construction method and components. We take great pride while putting a lot of effort into our offerings. Any concerns or suggestions on how to improve are welcomed! Therefore, please explain your statement why ours are not sophisticated enough?

Cheers

Reactions: mog

High Water

Baja Bliss
We have ~160 expedition truck bodies on the road in North America. Not a single failure or other warranty cases. On top of that, we also have several thousand commercial truck bodies in use around the world. These share the same construction method and components. We take great pride while putting a lot of effort into our offerings. Any concerns or suggestions on how to improve are welcomed! Therefore, please explain your statement why ours are not sophisticated enough?

Cheers
Hey Andreas, I would suggest that the OP did not mean that the way it read. Hopefully he will clarify. Cheers.

Victorian

Hey Andreas, I would suggest that the OP did not mean that the way it read. Hopefully he will clarify. Cheers.
Always best to assume the best intensions :)
At the same time I'm trying to protect our brand as there are a couple of competitors that are actively trying to discredit us with arguments that are not true. As a result we are trying to be to the point before it goes too far.

Timcampsallover

Tree top flyer
Martin, what would the cruising speed be for this configuration of gearing and transmission? Also, Where is it located? Already in the USA? Looks to be beautifully finished.

exp-martin

Cheers
I am sorry when I tread on your toes. But I was very suprised that you use my add and posted an advertisement of your company. This is a private site for private seller, at least this is what I was told. In order to make an expedition truck, not only a cabin is needed, but subframe, doors, windows, hatches, cabin/cabin access, ... . Never mind.

Last edited:

exp-martin

Martin, what would the cruising speed be for this configuration of gearing and transmission? Also, Where is it located? Already in the USA? Looks to be beautifully finished.
The cruising speed with this configuration is about 50mph, top 55mph. The Unimog will come with new tires, as the tires are done. I would recommend 365/85R20, the speed will increase about 12%. On top of this, there are different optioin available which gives you a cruising speed up to 65mph or 70mph. It is already in the US and has a US title. Right now the truck is in Florida.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94