Tired of all the "crap" RTT's. So I made my own. - TERRAPOD!

utherjorge

Observer
I did see that. I thought I also saw that someone had backed out, but more than that, I'm planning for next year, and hoping that a December or January order will mean an arrival time in time for summer.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
I did see that. I thought I also saw that someone had backed out, but more than that, I'm planning for next year, and hoping that a December or January order will mean an arrival time in time for summer.

The next round of production opens up early January. The production time for all 25 is about 3-4 weeks and they are shipped based on the orders received, on a first come, first serve basis.

That said - do note, we anticipate they will sell out fast.

C

JJBiggs

KICKSTARTER is COMPLETE! And...the First Edition production run is sold out +.

A big hearty thank you to all who have chosen the Terrapod RTTx for your Roof top tent. We appreciate the opportunity to build you a top quality sleep system for your adventures. If you are a First Edition customer, look for an email update in the coming days. It will contain next steps and what is to come.

Thank you! If you missed out, the next production run is coming very soon (Jan 2021).

yOGLopp.jpg

JJBiggs

NEWS!! The integrated medium-duty rack option, now available. Parts are presently in production. (All First Edition customers will be offered this option at the Kickstarter package discount.)

hzozrei.jpg

JackW

Explorer
I'm not going to have to stand on my roof tent because mine will be "special". I'm trying to get Chad to make it "more special" but he is resisting. But the rack is a great option.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'm not going to have to stand on my roof tent because mine will be "special". I'm trying to get Chad to make it "more special" but he is resisting. But the rack is a great option.
Give him puppydog eyes and he'll cave. He's a good dad; can't resist puppydog eyes...

What are you trying to have him add? You two together represent some crazy engineering mojo.

JackW

Explorer
I'm trying to talk him into subtracting about six inches of length to bring it down to normal human size. Since it will be going on a short wheelbase Defender it will overhang the front windshield a bit more than I really want. It will be one of the first Solo models he will build so it will be narrower. Shortening the hard shell isn't a big problem, it's the fabric part that would be a problem. Maybe after he builds the first one he will figure out a way to modify one to accommodate my desires. If not I could remove the rails on my Hannibal rack and slide it back a few inches.

The roof rack on the camper will be an ideal spot to mount the Maxtrax.IMG_20201118_144140985.jpg

JJBiggs

Maybe after he builds the first one he will figure out a way to modify one to accommodate my desires. If not I could remove the rails on my Hannibal rack and slide it back a few inches.

Sorry Jack, the answer is still no on the custom SOLO. Appreciate the enthusiasm, tho... (y)
Once the 1st production run is out the door, the second run goes into play, immediately.

C

lwg

Not that I’m interested in the Solo tent but being 6’5” and of Defensive Lineman stature I can appreciate the extra length. Fortunately I have a Disco 2 so plenty of room on the roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JJBiggs

Not that I’m interested in the Solo tent but being 6’5” and of Defensive Lineman stature I can appreciate the extra length. Fortunately I have a Disco 2 so plenty of room on the roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6'6" and 270lbs here. It is one of the reasons I designed this tent to accommodate taller folks.
The conspiracy against the tall is real. ✊

C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier