2004 Freightliner FL 70

D

Deleted member 225824

Anyone have experience converting a box van?

How would this be as a starting point?

Seen it a lot too. Still like looking at it.
There's a guy whose son is a literal rocket scientist and they are building boxes out.
If you're interested, I can give info. I would love to see this thing get built out.

The Toy Guy

Observer
Seen it a lot too. Still like looking at it.
There's a guy whose son is a literal rocket scientist and they are building boxes out.
If you're interested, I can give info. I would love to see this thing get built out.

Thanks, appreciate it and any examples. Kids are preteen and teens, with two dogs our 2008 Sprinter is getting a bit cramped and in a few years, the kids will go their own ways so researching this type of vehicle for family adventures of sort -

D

Deleted member 225824

Thanks, appreciate it and any examples. Kids are preteen and teens, with two dogs our 2008 Sprinter is getting a bit cramped and in a few years, the kids will go their own ways so researching this type of vehicle for family adventures of sort -
So this is Ray Ballis
I found his sons box truck build, can't remember where now, and we connected. Never worked with him but they seem knowledgeable and just starting so less busy... seemed like a nice guy too.
Rayballis@gmail.com
Ray Ballis
Boxtruck Buildouts
970 708 7443
Good luck, would love to see pics if it works out

D

Deleted member 225824

Here's another one I thought would be interesting. Please know I know nada. But it's been listed all over. Would be a beast!!

Expedition Ready Freightliner 4x4 - rvs - by dealer - vehicle...

D

Deleted member 225824

One more

I know this has been on their lot for a while and there is a lot of interest in it. I drove out from WA to AZ this past week. Incorporated a stop there to look at this as a possible build platform.

In closer inspection, it's obvious this is a flip job. Paint is not great and even bubbling/flaking in places. It's def not going to last and will need a lot of prep work at some point for the respray. I've called twice and spoke with the sales team in person. No one I've spoken to and provide any details, they all simply reference the website for any details.

I think this could be a great build platform. But I'd research the hell out of it given the sales price and what looks like flip work for a quick sale vs quality workmanship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior