My Trailer

colorado matt

Adventurer
nothing groundbreaking.... a mixture of thoughts and advice from those before me .... tracks the same as the scout....same bolt pattern ...telescoping rack .... a project that has been in my mind for years is coming to life .... I will call it "The Mattmosphere" .... from tape on the ground to getting it home from the welder .... time frame was the last 3 weeks .... winter is a time of tight budget so not much will happen except for wiring and paint .... might get it skinned over the winter ...Matt

colorado matt

Adventurer
tape on the ground... frame ..... box and rack and a pic with rack extended ....

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_183510540.jpg
    IMG_20200909_183510540.jpg
    973 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20201008_165721407.jpg
    IMG_20201008_165721407.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20201014_104845.jpg
    IMG_20201014_104845.jpg
    726.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20201014_104848.jpg
    IMG_20201014_104848.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20201014_131450729.jpg
    IMG_20201014_131450729.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 208

john61ct

Adventurer
Are those rear just stabilizing support jacks, or will they be strong enough to change a flat?

Get a pic of one in the lifting position?

high-and-dry

I have the same stabilizers on my trailer. They are meant to be stabilizers not jacks, they are strong but using them to lift is hard cranking. I run mine down with a battery drill, they do unload the suspension but dont really lift the trailer. Now I have run the tongue jack down low, then run the stabilizers down and used the tongue jack to lift the wheel off the ground.

colorado matt

Adventurer
trailer weight as it sits now is 560 lbs .... so it lifts the trailer enough to remove tires just fine using a battery drill.... but they are for stabilizing when not hooked up to the scout .... i was more worried that when in the tent if you got towards the back of the trailer it could tip...that would be fun ..maybe .... same as jacks listed in post above but seem to remember 30 inches instead of 25 inches ...they are welded to the frame

i did see on the trail once a guy had ten inch tires on swivels that he could bolt to the feet of those jacks... lift the trailer and push it around a tight switchback .... did not see it in action but thought it was a interesting mod ....

trailer got pressure washed.... light surface rust sanded.... degreased....then acetone wipe down .... self etching primer and van sickle gloss back rattle can couple coats .... came out great.... the primer was a flat army green color ....should have shot a pic then kuz it looked pretty good but was using my phone for music and was on a roll to get er done .....Matt

p.s. .....when i get the tires back on i will take a pic of the jack in "lifted" position

colorado matt

Adventurer
not much has happened.... wiring for things down the road and about to buy stuff for the skin and doors..... but am happy to report new roof top tent has been ordered and is in stock and should be here quite soon.... excited ...Matt

colorado matt

Adventurer
well things are about to start happening again.....
cvt denali tent in hand..... amazing 270 awning in hand.... trailer skins showed up fedex freight the other day .... linear actuators in hand.... batteries coming soon ...solar panels and a great controller coming .... on demand hot water heater in route ...cool rocket stove .... some new wheat straw dishes .... wish i would have ordered the doors sooner as they are not expected till mid october .... got some heavy duty slides and gonna try and make my own slide for arb fridge i have had for a while ..... i will do my best to shoot some pics as things progress.....Matt

colorado matt

Adventurer
ok i asked this in a solar fridge thread i have going but thought i would ask here also

the goal is to have a weather proof box .... but the fridge is mounted inside the box and will be accessed thru a rv lugguge access door on the side of trailer.... common sense tells me that i now need to vent the trailer box..... any suggestions on how to do this ?? Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne