MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Nice! I'm getting a couple of AluBoxes for our nose box, as well, that looks like an ideal setup. There isn't quite as much storage in the trailer as it appears, as there is so much "infrastructure" in the way. Our 200 series will eventually look a bit like yours...

I have a lot of stuff the in nose box. on the battery side. A large Skottle, Adventure Skottle, small, grill, PETT toilet, flag pole mount, flags, wood blocks.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
If anyone doubts Mission Overland trailer's commitment to it's trailer owners. Mark came to El Paso to install a new door.

While he was here , we had a Steak, Texas style , and visited the wall on the border many people seem to think is not being built.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 120
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 120
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 117
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 120
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 127
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 127
  • thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 117

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Nice! I'm getting a couple of AluBoxes for our nose box, as well, that looks like an ideal setup. There isn't quite as much storage in the trailer as it appears, as there is so much "infrastructure" in the way. Our 200 series will eventually look a bit like yours...

Equipt1 is my go to place for Alu boxes and the EZAwn mounts. Ask for Morgan .

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I reversed the lid of the Dometic fridge. Now the fridge is easy to access when the kitchen drawer is pulled out. Mark helped me by using a rubber mallet to get the lid off. I figured if he broke it he'd get me a new fridge. Unlike the video , the lid needs a hard wack with a rubber mallet.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 38
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 40
  • thumbnail (11).jpg
    thumbnail (11).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 39
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 33

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
If anyone doubts Mission Overland trailer's commitment to it's trailer owners. Mark came to El Paso to install a new door.

While he was here , we had a Steak, Texas style , and visited the wall on the border many people seem to think is not being built.
Mark lives about 150 km north of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He drove all that way to resolve Mike’s door issue. I’m impressed!

wandathetundra

Hola!

Thanks so much for all the input here! I’m Nick and live in OKC. This thread and many others (which allowed me to weed out many options) has me narrowing things down to the MO trailer. It was down to it and Boreas but they have a long wait while MO trailers are available as we speak. I had two questions I was curious about and would love and appreciate any insight. :)

1.) What’s the highest temp you’ve comfortably camped in with this trailer without A/C? Additionally, if you camp in warmer temps, have you done a mod of any sort to keep cool while sleeping?

2.) What is an estimated annual insurance premium on one of these? I’ve gone through 2 RTT’s and this will be my first trailer, so I’m curious about what the insurance might run.

Thanks so much.
Nick

loup407

Adventurer
We got our MO trailer late this summer, but did spend 4 days in southern Utah where it got into the mid-80's every afternoon. With the roof fan going and keeping the shades closed it was quite comfortable.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Hola!

Thanks so much for all the input here! I’m Nick and live in OKC. This thread and many others (which allowed me to weed out many options) has me narrowing things down to the MO trailer. It was down to it and Boreas but they have a long wait while MO trailers are available as we speak. I had two questions I was curious about and would love and appreciate any insight. :)

1.) What’s the highest temp you’ve comfortably camped in with this trailer without A/C? Additionally, if you camp in warmer temps, have you done a mod of any sort to keep cool while sleeping?

2.) What is an estimated annual insurance premium on one of these? I’ve gone through 2 RTT’s and this will be my first trailer, so I’m curious about what the insurance might run.

Thanks so much.
Nick
We camped all summer in the trailer and it was comfortable. We would start venting/cooling the trailer as soon as we park for the night. On a couple of warmer evenings I would add a 12 volt fan t blow on us. Usually by midnight that fan was too cold.

As for insurance, it is not much . I really don't pay much attention to an expense I have to have.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Beastie has officially been put into storage in the garage for the winter months. It was a very tight fit, but its in. We have several projects we will be working on. I'll put up picks as they are completed.

Hibernating Beastie 2020.jpg

I wanted to go back to the southwest US for a month or so this winter with SWMBO. But she wants some major updates done to our home. So there will be a delay in the travel plans. :cautious:

We also had to put our wonderful Boykin Spaniel, Tucker, down recently. He was almost 15 y.o. I am finding it hard to live without a best buddy in the house. So I've begun looking for a Boykin replacement. Will let you know what shows up on the doorstep. But...do have some promising leads already! I'd rather have a dog with a couple years on him, rather than starting at 8 weeks again. This one just may do it!

C40416AD-5AB5-4088-9D55-23949A5451C5_4_5005_c.jpeg

loup407

Adventurer
so much depends on variables, your age, how many other things you are insuring vehicles, houses, etc., your driving record, where you live, etc. Numbers could be very different.

Hola!

Thanks so much.
Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94