Best Sub 100K Trailer available in USA Market (not Black Series)

Romer

Adventurer
Since Kimberley has been mentioned in this thread: can the classic "Karavan" sleep four people comfortably? Website and online brochure suggest that it can sleep two adults and two kids, but sleeping setup other than the permanent bed is unclear. Does the bench/dinette seating convert to two beds or a double bed? Anyone have dimensions?

I have the Bunk Bed option in my Karavan that sleeps 4. Although I have never used it. This is a stock photo and both upper and lower have extensions, looks like they didnt need it for the lower

1603574546042.png

I owned an Oliver Elite II for four years. I agree that Oliver makes a very good product. Well-built, quality materials, and excellent sales and service. I sold mine because it wasn't capable of traveling on forest service and other gravel and dirt roads. Not only were the suspension and clearance limiting factors, but the interior also wasn't designed to withstand the bumps and vibration.

I've ordered a Kimberley Kruiser S3 from David Bates in Ohio. Major advantages over the Oliver for my purposes are: 1) true off-road capability; 2) a roomy ensuite bathroom with an enclosed shower with a seat; 3) a queen size bed that will accept the residential mattress of your choice; 4) an outdoor and indoor kitchen; 5) robust solar with up to 600 amp hours of lithium battery storage; 6) significantly more storage inside and outside than the Oliver; 6) Superior materials used in the cabinetry, counters, and upholstery (real leather) than the Oliver; 7) more interior space while the exterior is shorter than the Oliver Elite II because of the design of the "nose" of the Kimberley that accommodates the full queen bed; 8) and airbags rather than jacks to level the camper side to side. Those are the advantages I've identified during my research into the Kruiser.

I owned an Oliver Elite II for four years. I agree that Oliver makes a very good product. Well-built, quality materials, and excellent sales and service. I sold mine because it wasn't capable of traveling on forest service and other gravel and dirt roads. Not only were the suspension and clearance limiting factors, but the interior also wasn't designed to withstand the bumps and vibration.

I've ordered a Kimberley Kruiser S3 from David Bates in Ohio. Major advantages over the Oliver for my purposes are: 1) true off-road capability; 2) a roomy ensuite bathroom with an enclosed shower with a seat; 3) a queen size bed that will accept the residential mattress of your choice; 4) an outdoor and indoor kitchen; 5) robust solar with up to 600 amp hours of lithium battery storage; 6) significantly more storage inside and outside than the Oliver; 6) Superior materials used in the cabinetry, counters, and upholstery (real leather) than the Oliver; 7) more interior space while the exterior is shorter than the Oliver Elite II because of the design of the "nose" of the Kimberley that accommodates the full queen bed; 8) and airbags rather than jacks to level the camper side to side. Those are the advantages I've identified during my research into the Kruiser.

Well stated Don. These are pretty much the same reasons I ordered an S3 and not an Oliver (which was my only other consideration).

Grassland

S series starts at over ,100k as far as I can tell.
I don't like that I have to fill out my info to get pricing ballpark.

TheLex

Right now we have a traditional fifth wheel (Grand Design Reflection 28bh) towed with a 2017 F450. I've been wanting to get more into boondocking and taking the kids to off-grid so that we're not always staying in a commercial campground. I've been investigating getting a Black Series but we have triplet boys aged 9 and growing very fast! Most campers are set up for 4. We need a decent bathroom and shower as well, otherwise it's a no go for my wife. So other than the Black Series H17 (which has bunk beds and a kitchen table that can converted to a bed but still very tight inside), what alternatives do I have?

I don't intend to pull the thing over the Rubicon Trail or Moab since my dually is just too big and long. I know I can add a Carli Suspension on it for better off-roading. But as far as travel trailers that are suitable for even something like a fire road, the pickings seem to be slim for a family of 5 (and a dog).

oly884

I'm interested to see if anyone else has any recommendations? I too have/had interest in a Black Series HQ21, but some of the negative feedback has made me second guess going with them, especially for the price. I'm in the Washington area, and a fully enclosed trailer like the Black Series, is what I'm looking for. There's a lot of great tear drop/pop up options, but not near as many well-built fully enclosed options.

TGK

Have you taken delivery of your Kruiser yet? I was on their website today and briefly spoke with Dave in Ohio. Said they were likely 8 months out on a Kruiser.

Have you taken delivery of your Kruiser yet? I was on their website today and briefly spoke with Dave in Ohio. Said they were likely 8 months out on a Kruiser.

I don't mean to speak for Don, but we both have S3s scheduled to ship on 3/26. Between port time, sailing, and transport to Ohio once they land in the US, I'm guessing May delivery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles