Can we talk coffee brewing?

julieboolie

What are you using for making coffee? We’ve had two percolators and we end up either waiting forever and/or eating coffee grinds. Any product suggestions?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
My wife cannot go without coffee in the morning. I bought some kind of stove top percolator, an aero press, a Moka pot, and a collapsible java drip.
At home the moka pot has replaced all else. She’s tried the percolator butthe results are harder to get right.
At work I have a odd situation where a coffee pot isn’t ready available But I have hot water. I use the aero or java drip.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
We've tried everything.
The only one that stuck is a simple single cup pour-over with a paper filter.

For one HUGE reason. Pretty well every other way required cleanup and wasting water.
With a simple pour over you just pitch the grinds and filter into the garbage. Done.
Zero mess, zero water wasted.

jadmt

ignore button user
We've tried everything.

For one HUGE reason. Pretty well every other way required cleanup and wasting water.
With a simple pour over you just pitch the grinds and filter into the garbage. Done.
There is less mess and clean up on an aeropress. I have used The single pour over cup for 30 years and there is no comparison for me in the coffee difference. On the aeropress no extra water is needed for clean up just wipe the bottom of the plunger and it is clean no muss no fuss.

Fishenough

Creeper
Use an aeropress on some hiking trips but mostly stick with coffee filled bags for multi day hikes. Been using a Moka pot for 30 years on bike and vehicle, but the last few years stick with the press, have one stored with the Toyota's take away kit and a small plastic one stored with motorcycle kit. Chairs and coffee are maybe luxury items but so worth it.
c18d3b50f3de302e454214bd337c1147.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Another vote for aeropress, specifically for the easy clean up.

Press out the puck, wipe the plunger, done.

86scotty

Cynic
We've tried everything.

I'm with you. Everyone always says Aeropress but yet another Expen$ive gadget taking up space and every French press I've had I hated. I have about 3 pour over filters floating around, in the house, camper and work truck. So simple and the best and fastest coffee I've ever made anywhere you can heat water.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I'm with you. Everyone always says Aeropress but yet another Expen$ive gadget taking up space and every French press I've had I hated. I have about 3 pour over filters floating around, in the house, camper and work truck. So simple and the best and fastest coffee I've ever made anywhere you can heat water.
To be fair the AeroPress does solve the mess issue with French presses. It's not really that expensive, $30, for the convenience. I don't like being locked into using a proprietary little disk filter but otherwise they seem OK to me. Not OK enough to actually buy one, though.

sourdoughben

I make a quart of double strength COLD brewed coffee every 4/5 days. Mix the double strength cold brew concentrate 50/50 with water in what ever size mug. Heat but don’t boil for the best cup of coffee on the planet. I drank hot brewed coffee with cream for 30 years until I found cold brew 15 years ago. Now just straight black and I’m never going back to hot brewed coffee.
update: how to make cold brew concentrate...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles