Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Gooseberry

Explorer
Something like that someone doesn't "just build". What powertrain are they trying to make work, Porsche? I saw a twin Subaru motor that looked scary in a bad way. It deserves pics or a link either way.......

I worked on a few 962, 956 and 935's but never a 917.

No they have the correct drive train. The bottom end is done but they are milling the heads at the moment to finish the motor. My former boss just sold his and its a 904 907 from 71 and now is running a chevron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ericvs

Just another sprinter, but it is mine and I like it :)

J6S1Kw3h.jpg

x8pOTSth.jpg

Hayduke950

Observer
My wife and I are touring musicians... "were" I guess is more accurate now, since Covid. For the last few years, our home has been this Sprinter Gulf Stream conversion...

somewhere in Montana;
IMG_6416-L.jpg

Now it needs a lift. Not touring as much means we keep getting it into places it probably shouldn't go. LOL We just did a couple of weeks around the Southwest, and found ourselves dragging parts more than I like. Still took us to some beautiful places, though.

Utah:
IMG_3523-L.jpg

more Utah:
IMG_3642-L.jpg

New Mexico:
IMG_3768_heic-L.jpg

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Nice spots there. An easy fix is to remove all that fiberglass body kit. You will gain 4" of ground clearance right there.

Hayduke950

Observer
Nice spots there. An easy fix is to remove all that fiberglass body kit. You will gain 4" of ground clearance right there.

Not really: the lowest points are the sewer drain points and the muffler for the onan generator. We also hit the hitch a few times; it has a lot of overhang. I've never touched down on the fiberglass.

I'm not looking to make this thing a real off-roader- It's 22' long and weighs around 8,000 lbs when we have our music gear loaded. Just a few more inches of clearance would help us getting into the remote campsites we prefer.

1x1_Speed_Craig

It's still a work-in-progress, but here's our 2019 Transit (Cargo) Van that I'm working on converting for travel. The first shot is me exploring our property in East Tennessee (moving there soon). The set-up on the back carries a Pelican Case, which will be used for our camp kitchen stuff, and I'll be mounting a Rotopax can on the back side (between the Pelican case and the van).

The van is set up with a full-size bed, LVP flooring, 100Ah lithium battery, B2B charger, Yeti cooler, and composting toilet. I'm also fabricating custom, low-profile mounting brackets for an ARB awning. I still need to finish those.

I'd like to get more aggressive tires for it at some point (it's a 2WD vehicle), and perhaps replace the OEM LS diff with a better traction device, but lo...it has less than 5K miles on it, so it's hard to justify when I still have a bunch of interior build-out to do.

TransitVanTNProperty.jpg

TransitVanPelicanCase.jpg

FordTransitARBAwningBracket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke