New 270 Awning available.

Photobug

Call
DERRICK OURSLER with Southern Xpeditions and see if he has any options for you on the Bush Company one. He is a really good guy and will try to lead you in the right direction if that is your only issue with the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will call him to see what he can do.

Photobug

Ovs sells walls for their 270. Quite expensive for what it is though. They use zippers.

Don't think they are that expensive. I would be willing to pay more if they had windows and were nicer. Still I like the shape of the Nomad with a forward swinging arm.

trae

Adventurer
Don't think they are that expensive. I would be willing to pay more if they had windows and were nicer. Still I like the shape of the Nomad with a forward swinging arm.

$750 for 3 walls? That doubles the cost of the awning. I don’t know what setup is like but considering for late season PNW camping

Photobug

$750 for 3 walls? That doubles the cost of the awning. I don’t know what setup is like but considering for late season PNW camping

Yes a lot for 3 walls but lets compare to the others. OVS with 3 walls is $1600 ish. James Baroud sans walls $1499. Kinsmen sans walls $2000+ walls are not an option yet unless you go custom. I wish OVS offered a better set of walls even at a premium price.

Vanhalo

An observation: I looked at 23zero today in person. It is very nice. It did seem a bit cumbersome to pack with arms at the front and rear (much easier with 2 people). What is the experience of 23zero owners? Also, the hardware on the awning arms is high quality. Each box tube has cast aluminum fittings on the pivot end and the bracket they mount in is also aluminum. By comparison with online pictures, the OVS has welded aluminum ends and steel brackets. OTOH the OVS has an extra arm in the rear for more coverage (and potential interference with lift-gate rigs).

Mine wont be here until next month.

trae

Adventurer
Yes a lot for 3 walls but lets compare to the others. OVS with 3 walls is $1600 ish. James Baroud sans walls $1499. Kinsmen sans walls $2000+ walls are not an option yet unless you go custom. I wish OVS offered a better set of walls even at a premium price.

Hmm I haven’t considered that. Makes sense from that angle.

alia176

Explorer
Some updates.

Howling Moon's US distributor is Sierra Expeditions had claimed the 270 awning was on the way. I have been trying to contact them for about 10 days. No one has answered the phone. I don't know if he is still in business.

The Bush Company looks interesting to me but wish a larger size was available. Here is a link to a US supplier. https://lynxoutdoorusa.com/collections/awnings/products/270-xt-awning-2-3m-left .
The video claims to have an optional wall set but i can't find proof of it, they just allude to the velcro being used to attach it. Here is a link to the South African manufacturer's website: https://www.thebushcompanyusa.com/

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with S.E. but Will has always been a standup fellar. Give them a call and see what happens.

Photobug

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with S.E. but Will has always been a standup fellar. Give them a call and see what happens.

Will does not owe me anything. He has always answered the phone for the last year plus I have been trying to get a Howling Moon 270 from him but he has not answered the phone in many weeks now. I could understand he might be on vacation but he should at least set up his voicemail to let us know. My assumption is when a company stops answering phones they are no longer in business. Last time a company did not answer the phone for a week and I posted the lack of communication on a forum. The owner came back and announced he had sold the company to a Chinese Manufacturer.

I am hoping Will is so busy inventorying his huge shipment of HM awnings and when he answers his phone next I can get my awning.

Photobug

So, the OVS Nomadic has walls? I wasn't able to find that info on their site. Can someone give me a link pls?

They sale it in 3 wall kits. You need to buy all 3 for full coverage. It looks like they are currently out of some wall kits.

alia176

Explorer
Will does not owe me anything. He has always answered the phone for the last year plus I have been trying to get a Howling Moon 270 from him but he has not answered the phone in many weeks now. I could understand he might be on vacation but he should at least set up his voicemail to let us know. My assumption is when a company stops answering phones they are no longer in business. Last time a company did not answer the phone for a week and I posted the lack of communication on a forum. The owner came back and announced he had sold the company to a Chinese Manufacturer.

I am hoping Will is so busy inventorying his huge shipment of HM awnings and when he answers his phone next I can get my awning.

crap, I hope he is not in a negative space right now.

Photobug

Ok, I think I understand now. Here's the link to the wall kits for OVS Nomadic: https://overlandvehiclesystems.com/nomadic-270-passenger-side-awning-wall-1/

Wall 1 is $300
Wall 2 is $250
Wall 3 is $200

Wowza, $750 for three walls. These things must be made of some high end material :oops:

It is 3 sets of walls. I think the zippers and such add to the construction costs. It seems standard for the cost of walls to be very close to the cost of the awning. Here is James Baroud's $1499 awning with $1349 walls. Each piece cost about the same as the total OVS package. However when you look at them setup, the walls look like a product half the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles