MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Pnwfullsize

Man. I really appreciate this forum and the honesty on it from the contributors. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these but I’m going to keep looking based on what I’ve been reading on here.

Gonna look harder at the Off-Grids and Boreas.
Check out the off grid owners group on Facebook, good spot to read up on any issues they experience.

I have a Boreas. Other then a screw on the stove working lose and a bolt on the roof rack working lose, no issues.

duracell24

My only big hesitation with the Boreas is the 20 gallon fresh water tank. I have a 22 now and wanted something closer to 30 (The Expedition is 30 gallon). I haven’t seen the Boreas in person though and love most other things about it.

Pnwfullsize

My only big hesitation with the Boreas is the 20 gallon fresh water tank. I have a 22 now and wanted something closer to 30 (The Expedition is 30 gallon). I haven’t seen the Boreas in person though and love most other things about it.

It was a concern for me too. So far it has been a non issue but i do bring two collapsable 5g containers just in case i need to fill up somewhere.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Man. I really appreciate this forum and the honesty on it from the contributors. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these but I’m going to keep looking based on what I’ve been reading on here.

Gonna look harder at the Off-Grids and Boreas.

I think my trailer was a one off and does not represent all Mission Overland trailers. I suggest you go look at one in person.

The Mission Overland trailer is so much nicer than the mattress in box trailers like the Off-Grid and Boreas. Another positive aspect of the Mission Overland is that it is classified as a RV so you can get RV financing. The other aspect is you can buy one now. With many other trailer companies, you have to put down a large deposit and wait several months . The Mission Overland is sold at RV dealers .

Pnwfullsize

I think my trailer was a one off and does not represent all Mission Overland trailers. I suggest you go look at one in person.

The Mission Overland trailer is so much nicer than the mattress in box trailers like the Off-Grid and Boreas. Another positive aspect of the Mission Overland is that it is classified as a RV so you can get RV financing. The other aspect is you can buy one now. With many other trailer companies, you have to put down a large deposit and wait several months . The Mission Overland is sold at RV dealers .

You can get RV financing on boreas also. Boreas is also sold at RV dealers. Though it doesnt appear there is any current inventory available. Aa far as one being nicer then the other, thats a personal opinion. I compared both the mission and the boreas side by side with a $30k check in hand. I left with the one that was $8k cheaper and did not have laminate flooring peeling up and hazy plastic windows.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
You can get RV financing on boreas also. Boreas is also sold at RV dealers. Though it doesnt appear there is any current inventory available. Aa far as one being nicer then the other, thats a personal opinion. I compared both the mission and the boreas side by side with a $30k check in hand. I left with the one that was $8k cheaper and did not have laminate flooring peeling up and hazy plastic windows.

So you don't want to share what trailer you bought? I have not heard of anyone with peeling flooring .

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The ability to be able to sit up and cook , read, watch a movie in bad weather is so much better than just having your bed to lie down in. Also in the Mission your boots and rain gear can be stowed away from the bed. Wet clothing hung up to dry vs folded at at the foot your bed.

I looked at many mattress in a box (MIB) trailers and have been in enough bad weather, the Mission is a much better option. As my wife said the teardrop MIB is no different to a RTT just closer to the ground.

Just to note, the small issues I've had, the fixes are all being reimbursed by Mission Overland. I don't think their customer service could be any better.

The Darsche 270 awning is awesome in rainy weather . The coverage is great. I have the walls if the weather got really bad. If the weather is that bad, I can boil water inside and have Mountain House for dinner.

Pnwfullsize

So you don't want to share what trailer you bought? I have not heard of anyone with peeling flooring .

I've mentioned a couple times i ended up with the boreas. The mission i looked at at the dealer where i purchased was in terrible condition. Not only flooring peeling up, but exposed bolt heads on the floor too.

Pnwfullsize

The ability to be able to sit up and cook , read, watch a movie in bad weather is so much better than just having your bed to lie down in. Also in the Mission your boots and rain gear can be stowed away from the bed. Wet clothing hung up to dry vs folded at at the foot your bed.

I looked at many mattress in a box (MIB) trailers and have been in enough bad weather, the Mission is a much better option. As my wife said the teardrop MIB is no different to a RTT just closer to the ground.

Just to note, the small issues I've had, the fixes are all being reimbursed by Mission Overland. I don't think their customer service could be any better.

The Darsche 270 awning is awesome in rainy weather . The coverage is great. I have the walls if the weather got really bad. If the weather is that bad, I can boil water inside and have Mountain House for dinner.

I wont argue that the interior space in the mission is nice, but it didn't seem like enough space to be really useful.

Also, you can sit up in a a Boreas and im assuming an off grid based on their dimensions.

Daisy22

Just to jump in on conversation of mission vs. others. We did look at many trailers at overland expo and being age 50, our big issue was only sitting or laying down. Getting dressed is easier if can stand. Also able to stretch. We actually loved off-grid and until we found out about mission trailer, it was on the list. We also looked at cricket (not what we wanted for durability) and tetonx but we were limiting ourselves to all aluminum due to being in east coast and tons of moisture. We have had ours since May and go primarily dispersed camping in state and national forests. We have no regrets with buying our trailer. And agree that there might be issues with his trailer but Mark and John are excellent to work with.

carbon60

Explorer
Just to jump in on conversation of mission vs. others. We did look at many trailers at overland expo and being age 50, our big issue was only sitting or laying down. Getting dressed is easier if can stand. Also able to stretch. We actually loved off-grid and until we found out about mission trailer, it was on the list. We also looked at cricket (not what we wanted for durability) and tetonx but we were limiting ourselves to all aluminum due to being in east coast and tons of moisture. We have had ours since May and go primarily dispersed camping in state and national forests. We have no regrets with buying our trailer. And agree that there might be issues with his trailer but Mark and John are excellent to work with.

Having a place to hang out when the weather is bad was critical for me and what brought me to Mark.

When I realized it had a plywood floor, I wasn't the happiest, speaking of that.

A.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I've mentioned a couple times i ended up with the boreas. The mission i looked at at the dealer where i purchased was in terrible condition. Not only flooring peeling up, but exposed bolt heads on the floor too.
Sorry I missed that. What dealer did you go to ? Did you let Mark at Mission Overland know about the trailer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles